lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2020, 08:28 AM   #1401
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

I see Red Beards Garage swapped in a VC 625 into a Yerf Dog on you tube. They were able to use a Mikuni 34 mm flat slide and a free flowing exhaust system due no real space limitations for those items. They gave a nice comparison of the VC 625 and the HF 670. It will be interesting to see how the VC 625 fares in the minibike and off road go kart world. One other item is I see VC warns not to use their tach on UT-2 type engines.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #1402
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I watched the whole Red Beard video today. I see they are going to order several more 625's for more projects. It should be interesting to see if they hot rod the 625's.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:26 AM   #1403
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

We talked about putting one of them 625 engines in a mini bike.
But the $900 price tag, no performance upgrades, low rpm kinda turned me away, but it’s still in the back of my head.
I haven’t really read up much on it, but what’s the top rpm and has vc or anyone else produced any performance parts for it?
I mean other than a stg one kit which is a header, bigger fuel jet, air cleaner or a bigger carb, remove governor. Do they make bigger pound valve springs, A billet rod yet timing keys?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #1404
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Safe max RPM for the 625 is 4000 rpm. I contacted VC about performance parts for the 625 and was told that they have a billet rod designed, but no manufacturing capacity at the current time.

The next step is shoring up the valve train, and the holdup there is probably valve springs. Cut to length pushrods are available in a lot of variations, but I have no idea what the specs on the springs are. Maybe springs from another application such as the Vangaurd could be adapted to work? Need to confirm things like installed height, seat pressure, coil diameter and coil bind limit before R&D.

I think as the engines become more mainstream, and people like backwater and bullfrog start using them, the aftermarket performance sector will expand.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #1405
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Someone like Red Beard will likely explore valve train issues. I can't imagine that there isn't something out there already that can be used. The rod will likely have to come from VC or somebody like Bullfrog. In the first use video they already used a mikuni 34 mm flat slide carb. I keep looking if Jeremy at Bullfrog has whittled anything up for these engines. He sells them but so far nothing more than oil filters.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #1406
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Got the triple recall items done on the Subi yesterday. Happily they gave me a loaned for the projected 6 hour repair time. Because of travel time back and forth to the dealer twice I had about 3 hours driving time. They actually finished the car in 5 and 1/2 hours. But no cost to me but my time.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #1407
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The GF and I tried out the Green Olive restaurant today. I had the best chicken cheese steak ever. This thing was packed with meat,mushrooms, and green peppers. In a VERY unlike like Ray thing I had to ask for a doggy bag for half the sandwich. Of course this was after the GF MADE me eat half of her crab cake melt.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #1408
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

While they are gutting the labs at the plant this was found in an old cabinet. So this will be added to my mixed nautical/steampunk decor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0791.jpg (194.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2020, 01:07 AM   #1409
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
While they are gutting the labs at the plant this was found in an old cabinet. So this will be added to my mixed nautical/steampunk decor.
Is that an old amp meter?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:01 AM   #1410
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yes That is what it is.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps