lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 1976 Model D Complete Rebuild Thread

Lifting that body up must take some energy
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #22
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Lifting that body up must take some energy
Not too bad. I can still do it with one arm since I still can't use my shoulder. If I was really ambitious, I would add hydraulic assists. Luckily, I'm not that ambitious.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #23
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

SCORE CARD HOLDER -

I removed the score card holder and cleaned, bead blasted, and painted it. There were a couple of spider nests and other creatures underneath it. Then I added what every self-respecting, beach-going golf cart needs...

A bobble Hula Girl!

Old 07-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #24
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

TIRES & WHEELS -

I wasn't going to get any tires and wheels until next year when the cart is complete, but a local custom golf cart shop was clearing out their pile of stock tires and wheels for next to nothing. Since mine were about 40 years old, dried, and cracked, I decided these would be a good option in the meantime. And I topped them off with some Crager style hub caps...

Old 07-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #25
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

SIDE PIPES -

Since I want to emphasize the Harley theme - and usually the most noticeable feature on a Harley bike are its pipes - I decided to try to add some side pipes to my cart. I briefly ran through my buffer but will eventually have them chromed. I also sprayed a little flat black paint inside them to make it look like carbon.

They are just for looks because no matter what I do, this thing is always going to sound like a 250 cc 2-stroke. But, I am working on an add-on to these pipes that I think might be pretty funny, if not a little cool...

My plan is to have Harley motorcycle sounds (and music) coming from the pipes. I took apart an old bluetooth enabled computer speaker. I'm going to mount the bluetooth receiver under the body and run speakers to each of the pipes. That way I can use my phone to play music (or Harley sounds) through the pipes and not have to install a stereo that would probably get stolen.

I've tried a couple of really small speakers (1" & 1.3") slipped inside the pipes and they just didn't put out enough sound and they sounded bad. So I'm probably going to have to use 2" or 2.5" speakers fitted between the exhaust flanges that I welded onto the pipes. This project may take me a while to get it where I want it, but it's still fun just messing with it...

Old 07-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #26
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking very cool! Nice job!!
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:38 AM   #27
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool!
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #28
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is one cool looking cart
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:12 AM   #29
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks for the comments, but I found one bad thing about those pipes...

Yesterday I had the body open, working on setting up a remote forward/reverse switch. I must have hit my shins on those #$@&% pipes a dozen times. It's okay when the body is closed because the tires stick out wider than the pipes. I think I actually invented some new cuss words yesterday.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #30
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

REMOTE F/R SWITCH -

After a recent shoulder surgery, I couldn't reach the stock F/R control on the floor. I could kind of do it with my foot but it was awkward. I also know I can't get a new one if mine happened to break. So, thanks to a lot of great advice and wisdom from some much-smarter-than-me BGW members, I decided to try the remote switch conversion...

It went really well until I got confused by my new microswitch and couldn't get the cart to go in reverse. After some more great advice, I got it straightened out and it works perfectly. I now have a slick little toggle switch mounted between the seats within easy reach. Another unforeseen benefit: the removal of the stock switch gave me a perfect place to add a fuse panel.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson