lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #31
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Snowplow setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Leave the shocks that are on it and maybe add a single air bag somehow on the front along the centerline just for plowing.The other thought I had was to fashion some sort of rod/bracket to make the front end rigid during plowing and eliminate the shock travel all together! Just a thought, I'm no brainiac ya know.
I actually made two struts last year for the same reason, but with a different front end. They are too short, but I bet they'd work! I'll have to dig them out and try it. Thanks for the reminder! LOL

As far as air bags go....I ordered some used rear shocks from a harley that have air bladder's over springs. Might work?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Slo, since plowing season seems to be a little shorter lately I think I like the "caged shock" rigid front end better. If the current shocks work well while not plowing why spend the moolah if you don't have to? Keep us posted on how this all works out.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #33
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
Slo, since plowing season seems to be a little shorter lately I think I like the "caged shock" rigid front end better. If the current shocks work well while not plowing why spend the moolah if you don't have to? Keep us posted on how this all works out.
I hear ya! Might have a point there.... Oh it's just money...don't tell the Warden I said that, she'd have my .....on a platter lol!
Old 01-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #34
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I just realized I never updated this:

The front mounted plow mount was not ideal an it didn't work very well. The original mounts were underneath the seat area and it worked much better, just a pain to mount, had to crawl underneath.

I ended up redoing the mounts and it worked perfectly. I don't have any photos though.

What I did was mount a subframe plate (in orange) underneath to the cart frame with some U bolts. The subframe stayed on all year. It had some mounting ears (shock tabs) welded to the plate, two on each point. It used some trailer pins to secure it. The plow frame just mounted to the mounting ears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 plow update 2.jpg (1.13 MB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha