lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 93 Marathon"Low power" in forward"

Bought it like this.Cart will spin tires on take off in reverse. Forward slow take off and 1/2 the speed. Did some checking. Wiring all good ,batteries good.Both load and voltage.All Connections look good. Went by the manual. All tests up to controller output test passed.Had controller rebuilt.Still same thing. Controller showed only 23.4 volts out in forward. With 38.5 batt voltage.But full voltage in reverse. Cart Didnt look tampered with till I removed the controller.Could the resistor across the solonoid cause this? Or any suggestions.
steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 Marathon"Low power" in forward"

It sounds like your wiring is backwards someplace. Typically 1/2 speed should be in reverse.

I would try this. A marathon cart controlls 1/2 speed reverse from the pot box. There are a set of wires running from the pot box to the FNR assembly. To disable the 1/2 speed reverse unplug the 2 wires from the microswitch. If then you have full speed in forward that should tell you the wiring is backwards. Most likely the FNR or at the controller.

You can find wiring diagrams in the Stickies if you need them.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks , you were right on about unplugging the microswitch . Yep same both ways. So it`s on to the wiring. Gettin less hair already!!! The diagrams from sticky`s are not exactly like this cart. The closest one I could find is for ITS throttle control This one has potentiometer. No 6 wire connector(with 4 wires in it). I was able to get a diagram from Power Solutions that appears to be the right one .So tommorrow I will run down the wiring.I`ll Let You Know.And Thanks again. Rick
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No problem, glad you are getting it worked out!
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure if this helps you any, but my situation was similar. Mine was half speed forward and full speed reverse, but the direction was opposite of the forward/reverse handle (F went reverse and R went forward).

I switched the S1 and S2 on the motor (per Scottyb) and it was resolved.
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tip. I think the switch is right . Forward is toward the left side sitting on the cart (steering wheel side of cart). But also the BU alarm is unhooked. Maybe it was going on in forward??????? I`ll probally be able to get to work on it some today.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
steele
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 Marathon"Low power" in forward" SOLVED !!! YESSSS!!

Went throught the wiring today and every wire is in the right place.Switch direction was correct. After some head scratchin and a few words ya wouldn`t say around grandma.I got to looking at the micro switch carefully as it worked while changing from fw to rev to fwd and back. I noticed that the arm on the switch looked strange.Specially the spring that returns the arm .The switch beside it The spring was straight and the other was bowed and about to pop out from under the arm. So I pulled the fwr/rev switch and The wheel on the micro switch arm had locked up and folded the arm of the switch back almost double. That changed its location.Causing it not drop into its notch. Making it stay on when it should have been off.I was able to bend the arm back straight without breaking off. I Didn`t think I would get that off.I freed up the wheel.Reinstalled the switch and PRESTO !!! Works like it should now.Thanks guys for the the help and your thoughts. I appreciate it .Rick
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO