lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
XMOTO
Not Yet Wild

Default Low Speed Torque Gears

Has Anyone Installed The Low Speed Torque Gears In The Rear End. I Have A Lifted 2000 Txt. I Am Looking For Some Info / Tips Before I Order Them.
XMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Low Speed Torque Gears

Torque gearing will slow you down to a crawl. Why not raise voltage to 48v and have all the torque you need, plus increase in speed? Just a suggestion.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
XMOTO
Not Yet Wild

What do you have to do to convert to 48v, what would the cost be. I drive it mostly in the woods, I am not realy worried about speed.
XMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

You will need a 48v controller(prices vary according to manf. and amps), a 48v solenoid, 2 6v golf batteries, a way to charge them, and 4ga or better cables.
I have two carts, one built, another stock 03 48v CC straight from the golf course. CC will go anywhere on our logging roads. It really needs the lift kit I have, but not installed, and some taller tires. Its not fast but does fine putting around deer land.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO