lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
JB20
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Jakes lift kit (6") for Yamaha G9

Hey guys,

I installed my 6" Jakes lift kit for my Yamaha G9 last night and i ran into a issue with the driver side HUB and the new Jakes A-ARM. When i re-installed everything (kingpin and rollpins) there was a fair amount of play in the hub and A-arm. I could grab the hub and move it up and down about .040". Not sure if this is normal. I installed a shim underneath the thrust washer to take up some of the gap and it seems to be better. The passenger side seems fine as i can not move it up and down. Has anyone had dealings with this before?

Thanks
JB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes lift kit (6") for Yamaha G9

Did you get it figured out? I am going to do a 6" on my G9 also and was wondering if you were happy with the jake's ?
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
JB20
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I've got it done, I ended up using a shim to take away the play. I tried to make the inside dimension of the A-ARM match the other side by using a large C clamp with some sockets but it still has the up-down play. Everything else worked ok. Waiting to see if my 23" tires are going to fit as they show up tomorrow!
JB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sweet send the pictures when you get them on.
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts