lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes

My son has compained a couple times that He will press the pedal and the cart doesn't respond. He said He can then let off and press again and it will go. The batteries are freshly charged, and I can't get it to duplicate the problem when I ride it. Is there a common fix for this, or is this kid crazy?
redfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes

PDS or series?? where is the F/R switch, do you have a row/run switch on the controller cover?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I should have mentioned it was a Series Cart. I have put new cables,HD F&R switch, Alltrax controller, PQ Motor, HD Solenoid, and Batteries. It has worked fine for a few months, and my son said it happened last night, and again this morning after riding a while. He said he would push the pedal to the floor, and nothing would happen. Then it just started working again.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Could be the microswitch under the floormat not working properly...thats where I would start...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to establish if when the cart does not go, is the solenoid clicking (engaging) or not. That will narrow the possible problems. If the solenoid is clicking and the cart won't go then the peddle box MS could be okay.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I will try and get it to do it while I'm driving, and listen for the solenoid click. I found a cheap microswitch, and may just replace it since it's probably 15 years old.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am waiting on the microswitch to come in, and have been unable to get the pedal to totally not respond while I'm driving like my son complained about. I have noticed that sometimes it seems to only go half speed while driving. I replaced all of the short battery cables between the batteries right before this problem started. I had the key off and cart in nuetral, but didn't disconnect the cables to the controller while doing the cable exchange. Do you think I messed something up?
Old 08-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I seriously doubt you messed anything up if you didnt cross any wires or spark anything...on a series cart there is no service mode so not likey...I would however make sure all your battery connections are tight, a loose nut can cause post to melt and cart not to function properly.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
redfro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Several of the battery cables sparked when while they were being taken off and put back on, but I thought this was normal?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

On a series cart, that's the only way you can do it, when you think about it. It's really just a loop, and anywhere you disconnect or reconnect a cable, you're simply breaking or making the loop, so you should be fine.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO