lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tie rod on drop axle

I put a lift kit on my cart this weekend. It was a 5" drop axle. Didn't think about the tie-rod hanging down so low 'till now. Anyone have way to "mod" that??
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Tie rod on drop axle

i welded a bracket on my spindles to make them sit level and also cut and extended my tie rods. Mine works great now
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuddly View Post
i welded a bracket on my spindles to make them sit level and also cut and extended my tie rods. Mine works great now
Maybe show me a pic when you can
Old 04-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I made a bracket for my steering arm in a yami, but never finished it. The problem is the angle of tierod to the steering box pivot. My bracket would make the rods longer and cross each other so they stayed 90 degrees to the arm, like they are stock. It does not turn as sharp with the rods dropped down, its not a big deal to me and why I never fixed it. Now I want to change the lift I should deal with this too. The lifts raise the spindle arm, which is ok since they drop the arms. I didn't drop the arms mine are angled down.

With the ezgo you only have one rod right? Seems like a bracket to level it back out would do.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah. It goes side to side. Adjusts on both ends. One side is left-handed thread. A vertical offset is gonna make the balljoints flop. I'm just worried about corn stalks and ruts and minor obstacles
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts