lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #11
osomanytoys
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Precedent Electric

Maybe Thursday or Friday i will swap out the motors and if no rain I can GPS test for top speed.
osomanytoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Hey David :)

A Buddy of mine has 2 carts, a 2003 DS with Private code 4 and 22" tires and... I forgot the model but was a 2008 DS look-a-like with 4-12v batteries and came from the factory with larger tires but they won't allow him Private code 4 in that cart. Does that make sense? Can he swap his 2003 controller into the 2008 and vice-versa without any problems? I told him it should work but want to make sure since the years are 5 apart.
Yeah that makes sense... A lot of dealers won't install it because it will run faster than the normal 19.6MPH due to the tire size. It can be programmed, but they just refuse to do it for that reason. Yes you should be able to swap controllers with no problem at all, as long as they're both the IQ system.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

seems as if he should put the controller on the other cart and then get it programmed and then pull the controller off and put it back on the lifted cart with bigger tires to have program 4 on both carts
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Hey David :)

A Buddy of mine has 2 carts, a 2003 DS with Private code 4 and 22" tires and... I forgot the model but was a 2008 DS look-a-like with 4-12v batteries and came from the factory with larger tires but they won't allow him Private code 4 in that cart. Does that make sense? Can he swap his 2003 controller into the 2008 and vice-versa without any problems? I told him it should work but want to make sure since the years are 5 apart.
The issue is not the speed as much as rollover. When you lift a car, truck, or cart the center ov gravity changes, letting them rollover easier.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

youre correct....but then the driver just needs to be more responsible and watch out for that down side of lifting and making the cart go quicker. the shop just doesnt want to be held responsible and so they refuse to program it...so if thats the case, if the controllers will work in both both carts then switch the controllers and take the lower cart in and get them to reprogram that one and then put it back on the lifted cart. that way he can get both carts programmed and the shop isnt held responsible for reprogramming a lifted cart
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car