lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default anyone have Pics of a budget lift on a g16

I have a g16 that I want to lift but cant afford it right now. My buddy is an iron worker and said if I can find some pictures he could build it for me. I want to eventually do the 7" but for now just an economy with some old atv tires I have. Please help out with pictures if you can. Thanks Jason
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: anyone have Pics of a budget lift on a g16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadawg27 View Post
I have a g16 that I want to lift but cant afford it right now. My buddy is an iron worker and said if I can find some pictures he could build it for me. I want to eventually do the 7" but for now just an economy with some old atv tires I have. Please help out with pictures if you can. Thanks Jason
Hope the picture loads. Jason, all it is...in front, plates to drop the arms and upper shock mounts, the rear, just drop upper shock mounts and in your case a drop bracket for the panyard bar to keep the trans/swing arm parallel. Good luck Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P0000046B.jpg (15.4 KB, 208 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

This is what I have done for Yami's in the past. The only thing missing is the bracket for the rear panard bar and lowering the front shock mounts.

Also this way if you want a hitch in the front.

Like this:

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
njpirraglio
Not Yet Wild

i did a lift on the front of mine simular to the hitch set up... now i have a problem with the front tires going in at the the top when i back up.. it only had the single a frame. how did you keep yours from doing it????
njpirraglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You got too much toe in on it. When moving backward they are trying to drive apart and will do that.
When you drive forward they are trying to drive toward the center and the top will lean out.
Adjust the toe to @ 1/8 to 1/4".
I usually don't use a tape, I make an adjustment and have my wife back up 20ish yards and then pull forward.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
njpirraglio
Not Yet Wild

ok ill give that a shot i know i need new shocks as well so when i get the new shocks on and make the adjustments ill let ya know how it turned out... thanks
njpirraglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
jadawg27
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Awesome thanks Guys I really like the hitch in the front. I will probably use that Idea. Ps thanks for the nice drawings crash12888.
Jason
jadawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha