lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default hunting build on a budget

i picked up this 01 pds from a friends grandparents that havent touched it in nearly a year. everything was good mechanically but the batteries, cables and battery tie downs were trash. i started buying 4ga cables and doing my makeshift digital camo. i found vinyl dye at the auto store so i colored the seats instead of replacing the material. 5" lift, 22" tires new lights top and bottom, makeshift cargo box, new batts and this thing is rollin! i also used a conduit bender to add some more bend in the front roof supports to lower the roof 3.5" for more overhead clearance of low branches. i just ordered a 500a controller and upgraded componenets as well to put on soon.
11.jpg

PIC_0057.JPG
txd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

Default Re: hunting build on a budget

some nice upgrades
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Great looking cart!!!

How did you do the Digi Camo??
I think that really sets off the cart
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:07 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice job!! I like the paint.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i have access to some good plotters at work for large prints. i found some template patterns on the web and used the plotters to print them on posterboard and sat at the dinning table with a cutting board and a x-acto for an hour cutting them out. after a OD green base i just laid and sprayed with the templates using the tan and black.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice job!! I like the paint.
and the kids look like their having fun.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by txd View Post
i have access to some good plotters at work for large prints. i found some template patterns on the web and used the plotters to print them on posterboard and sat at the dinning table with a cutting board and a x-acto for an hour cutting them out. after a OD green base i just laid and sprayed with the templates using the tan and black.
That looks really nice. I'm slowly doing the same thing, but I sprayed the tan as the base coat. Now after seeing yours I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I've been trying to buy stencils but so far no luck. I'm gonna have to do some web searching too, thanks for posting that. Do you have any pics of that "makeshift box". It looks real good to me.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 AM   #8
txd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

the cargo box i just lucked into at a garage sale looking or a trailer to tow the cart on. it was a rubbermaid utility trailer 39" X 28". the box just was just screwed and bolted to a subframe trailer assembly. i trashed all that and just kept the box and fitted it on myself. me being 6ft and 195lbs i can hop in and it holds me just fine. legs hangin out of course. the walls lift off so you can have a flat deck or put the sides on and have the rear off for passengers to hang their feet off. one of the best $20 i ever spent.

trailer.jpg
Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Wow, great find. Thanks, I'll watch for something like that.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #10
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by txd View Post
the cargo box i just lucked into at a garage sale looking or a trailer to tow the cart on. it was a rubbermaid utility trailer 39" X 28". the box just was just screwed and bolted to a subframe trailer assembly. i trashed all that and just kept the box and fitted it on myself. me being 6ft and 195lbs i can hop in and it holds me just fine. legs hangin out of course. the walls lift off so you can have a flat deck or put the sides on and have the rear off for passengers to hang their feet off. one of the best $20 i ever spent.

Attachment 17017
I have one of these Rubbermaid utility carts. It's plastic and tough as nails. Breaks down for winter storage. Great little piece of equipment
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides