lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
Eyball
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 EZGO DCS intermittent power

Hi,
New to the forum and already got some great info from reading posts. I recently purchased a 98 TXT DCS model. The batteries are brand new and the pack tested 38.2 and each battery tested 6.3. The controller is an altered 300amp & it says 2013 on it. The previous owner said the solenoid is new as well. When the cart is going it goes like a bat out of hell. Problem is sometimes you hit accelerator and nothing. Then it will take off. Some days it runs fine all day and then the next day it acts up. I replaced the ITS & micro switch on the throttle box and adjusted to spec. This has not seamed to help much if at all. I have noticed a coup,e things. When you shift from neutral to F or R the solenoid clicks most of the time and then does not click when ty hit the pedal. Sometimes it clicks off and then does click when you hit the throttle. I went under the cart today and the grey wire from the pedal box to control had a crimp and maybe small cut in it. I am wondering if my next strap should be to rewire the pedal box and can you just buy this grey wire? Thanks for any help!! If you need more info just let me know. I tried to include everything.

Thanks,
Chris
Eyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO DCS intermittent power

If a DCS goes like a bat out of Hell, it probably isn't a stock controller, so a picture of the controller would be helpful.

Or at least the Make/Model. (Might be a label on the bottom)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The wire harness between the pedal box and the solenoid/controller has a plug connection in it that is a notorious trouble spot for water and corrosion interference. Considering the damaged wire and the intermittent operation... You could patch the damaged wire, clean the plug connections, and replace the pedal box micro switch or just replace the 4 wires (eliminating the trouble plug) & replace the nearly 20 yr old pedal switch
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
Eyball
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. The controller is an alltrax NCX300R5. I patched the cable today and two of the four wires were nicked and had a little corrosion. I also looked at that connector and it looked ok. The cart is still loosing power though intermittently. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
Eyball
Not Yet Wild

Any other suggestions on this? I have tried cleaning connections, and adjusting the pedal box but still having issues.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO