lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 01:14 PM   #1
jasontjames
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool ST350 Completely Submerged

I have a 2001 ST350 that I use on my deer lease. I don't keep it down there all the time, but left it down there a few weeks ago because I was going to be back and forth several times over the next month or so. I got a call from our landowner this morning telling me that the creek flooded and the EZGO was completely submerged. It was sitting about 50 yards from the creek and about 12 above the normal water level. He said that the only reason it is still there is that I had chained it to a tree. We also have two trailers that are now positioned about 8' up in some trees.

I guess my plan is to drain all the fluids, pull the plugs, try to dry out the engine and hope for the best. I can't imagine that the starter is going to still be operational.

Any expert opinion on how to attack the issue? I have some mechanical ability (thanks, Dad), but have never dealt with an engine that has been completely submerged.

Thanks,
JJ
jasontjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ST350 Completely Submerged

I would drain everything you can including the rear diff and get oil back in it as soon as possible. Steel rusts quickly. Loosen the nut on the bottom of the carb and let it drain. Pull the starter and crack the case just a little and tilt it to train. Once you get a working starter, leave the plugs out and fog it with WD or some lube and spin it over a little bit. Check the oil for water. If you see any drain it. Once all this has happened, fresh fuel, some starting fluid and a prayer..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
jasontjames
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, kgsc. I am hoping that I can get it running again. I am kicking myself for leaving it down there now. The water hadn't been that high in 40 years. I should have known better than to tempt mother nature.
jasontjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I sold a lawn tractor to my brother and the same thing happen to him, completely under water, he was gonna trash it, I said give it back to me , I pulled the motor (vanguard) drained all the water gas and oil, blasted it with wd/40 put it back together it fired back up on its own starter. then I gave it right back to him, I didn't even replace any gaskets..2 yrs later someone stole it from his shed. clean it up good and I don't think you'll have any issues.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Water is a lubricant but makes things rust. The quicker you can dry it out the better.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO