lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
Slow Go
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrade Budget

I am new to this forum and have been checking it out lately. I recently had my atv stolen and a very generous uncle gave me a 1995 ezgo that he was going to work on. He said he got it from my great uncle who said he had it worked on and when he got it back it never worked right. Something with the wiring. Either way I am going to take on the challenge of going through this cart. My question is I am figuring my budget to work on this cart as well as possibly upgrading it to my needs. I want to use it to hunt so I would like it to climb hills and carry a load. Like 100 lbs of corn or so. Either way the cart is a 36 volt all stock, but it is lifted 3" with bigger tires. (not sure what size but mostly just off road knobbies) I am to pick up the cart this weekend so I can confirm everything, but I just wondered what would be the best first move. Should I just fix it to stock to run, or should i try to upgrade the voltage and motor. And with that in mind about what would something like that cost. I don't want to spend the money to go stock if I am not going to like the results. So I figured if I need to buy new parts might as well be the upgraded stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Slow Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Upgrade Budget

Welcome to BGW slow go. I think i would just try to get it running first. Check for broken wires and such.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I would get the cart home and up and running first. Take it out and do some stuff like climb hills etc and then you will know what you need to do to accomplish same. The higher your needs, the wider you open your wallet.

BTW
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

As above and ironically, like your screen name reversed, Go Slow.

I would say, do as stated above. Get it running and try it out. Then you will be able to see where the cart fails to meet your expectatons, i.e. Climbing, hauling, etc.

Unless the cart requires a controller or something big just to run, I would hold off until it is in stock running condition and go from there.

Now, if it's going to need some hard parts (controller, rear gears, etc,)......you should star reading and learning everything you can before you go out and buy something you end up not wanting or worse.......spending money on and then not wanting/needing.

But then again, that just my .02

Either way, good luck and of course.............we want pics asap

K9
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Slow Go
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I am hoping to have the cart at the house this weekend. Once I get into it I will check the wiring and trouble shoot from there. My uncle having some experience with older carts told me it might be the controller, hence the idea of maybe going ahead and upgrading. Because I am sure either way it goes if I get it to run I will be buying new batteries so I thought I might up the voltage on it, and the controller. I will let you know what I am working with on Monday. I will post some before pictures as well. Thanks.
Slow Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO