lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2022, 11:44 PM   #1
brendenlow
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go / Cushman Decisions - First Cart

I have been eying carts for a year or so now to serve my family of five around the nieghborhood and I am finally about ready to pull the trigger, but I do have a bit of analysis paralysis going on here. Hoping some of the more knowledgeable folks here can answer a questions or two.

I have settled into looking at mostly EZ Go & Cushman electric six passenger carts, and it seems the Cushman tends to be a little cheaper for a comparable model. That said, my "narrowed down" direction is actually pretty wide in both options and price.

The base models I am considering are lead acid 48V models with DC motors from 2012-2016. These will run me about $6500-$7500. I worry that living at the bottom of a pretty steep hill with many others in the neighborhood that the power would leave something to be desired.

For a couple grand more ($9K-10K) I found some 72V AC motor Cushman models that I think run AC motors that are only a couple of years old so batteries should have decent life in them.

Finally, once I cross the $10K threshold would it make more sense to get a new Shuttle from dealer with Lithium battery? I have an offer for $14K and while that is quite a bit of money there is something to be said about being first owner and no issues for the foreseeable future.

I did read several post from "BobBoyce" which summarized the Lithium packs leaving something to be desired.

Thanks in advance for any insight
brendenlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go / Cushman Decisions - First Cart

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO