lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2022, 04:16 PM   #1
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Wire insulation connected to the battery (+) melted causing breakage to a part.

Hello Guys,

Here I am again troubleshooting an issue with my RXV. Per my kids, it just stopped moving (forward and backward) and the only way it can move is the tow position.

Looking at the connections, I noticed that most (if not all) the wires connected to the + side of the 1st battery has melted and it actually broke another part (rectangular in shape and is now loose) which I think is the cause as to why the gart does not move at all.

1st - can someone let me know why the wire insulation melts if using the correct charger?

2nd - what part is the black rectangular thingy connected to the + of the battery and can it be replaced? If yes, what is that part (number).

Please help as I am eager to fix this issue and have my RXV running again.

Please see pictures.

Thank you in advance!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20221122_155920_722.jpg (43.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20221122_155921_399.jpg (54.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20221122_155921_613.jpg (55.5 KB, 0 views)
RXV Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2022, 04:21 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Wire insulation connected to the battery (+) melted causing breakage to a part.

Poor connection is always the cause of cables overheating. It often destroys the battery post. I would replace any cables that show corrosion of the terminal ends and then wire brush all of the connections before reattaching.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wire insulation connected to the battery (+) melted causing breakage to a part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Poor connection is always the cause of cables overheating. It often destroys the battery post. I would replace any cables that show corrosion of the terminal ends and then wire brush all of the connections before reattaching.
================================================== =======================
Thanks Volt_Ampere.

As for the broken part I showed in the pictures, do you know what that is and is it replaceable?

RXV Lover
Old 11-22-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Replace with a new charging port EZGO part #602529. Try to find an OEM one on the internet, they run around $50-$60. EZGO wants a lot more money than that.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Replace with a new charging port EZGO part #602529. Try to find an OEM one on the internet, they run around $50-$60. EZGO wants a lot more money than that.
================================================== ==========

Thank you usgicollector. Ordered a replacement and will be cleaning the connections when it arrives. I will let everyone know of the progress.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you re-do everything put a coating of this on all the connections. It helps make sure you don't build up corrosion as easily.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:42 AM   #7
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
When you re-do everything put a coating of this on all the connections. It helps make sure you don't build up corrosion as easily.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
================================================== =================

Thank you jasonojordan!!!!!
Old 11-25-2022, 07:29 PM   #8
SolarRat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXV Lover View Post
As for the broken part I showed in the pictures, do you know what that is and is it replaceable?
It is a temp sensor that will tell your charger to reduce amperage if things get too hot...so it's pretty ironic that it melted. Check over everything for shorts or excessive draw before installing the new one.
SolarRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO