lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
fixright
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48v Txt Curtis Controller 1264 or 1268 code 55

This is some tips in repairing if you are experiencing this with any Curtis Controller 1264 or 68. The code is usually 55 - main drop out. These are the two conditions that normally create this fault code. Good Luck.

1. Check all the batteries for 8 volts. If any battery is under 8 volts try to charge to 8 volts. You can use a 12volt charger just make sure you do not over charge and burn the battery up. Test the cart again, if it fails within moments then check the battery again. If it's under 8 volts,,; that is your problem.

2. If all the batteries are good then disconnect the a1 and f1 from the motor. Check continunity between a1 and a2. then between f1 and f2. They both should show zero resistance. If there is inspect the brushes on a1 and a2. They may need to be cleaned or replaced. If the brushes burned the armature you will have to turn it on a lathe to smooth out the copper fingers. If f1 and f2 show total resistance you'll need a new motor.

3. The solenoid is my last item to check. I've never had to replace one when this code has popped up. However, I'm sure it could be possible.
fixright is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2024, 04:04 AM   #2
Kingofthecrate
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v Txt Curtis Controller 1264 or 1268 code 55

I am experiencing this code after converting mine to lithium. I believe the lithium battery voltage is too high causing this code to flash and then it kicks in the regen and the cart comes to a hard stop and then sets a 22 code..
Kingofthecrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:39 AM   #3
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48v Txt Curtis Controller 1264 or 1268 code 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthecrate View Post
I am experiencing this code after converting mine to lithium. I believe the lithium battery voltage is too high causing this code to flash and then it kicks in the regen and the cart comes to a hard stop and then sets a 22 code..
Why is the lithium voltage too high? Did you move from a 48v pack to a 72v or something?
TheCartBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO