lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2022, 07:31 PM   #11
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

When desoldering it’s best to add a bit of new solder prior to trying to remove the old stuff. It will flow better. You may also find that you need to remove as much as you can, resolder with fresh solder, then remove that to get all of the old solder off.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2022, 06:00 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
I'm thinking that taking it to an electronics repairs shop might be the best solution ... spend $50 and get it done right.

I'm cheering for you Dave from the side lines
Ohhh!! Great idea!! I've never thought of that. See....that's why I belong here.

It's also another lesson of "this is how much I don't know" after living on this planet for 66 years!

Actually...."net-net" it won't really cost me $50....'cause right now I have to buy the woven solder wick and a soldering iron (the one I have is too powerful).
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:45 PM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I “topped off” my charge last night as I was going hunting this am. Now that the pack charge is set to 57V the first charge after the LCD went wonky it stopped at 57.3. But last night I unplugged it at 57.5. The charger was slowing down like it should when it’s reaching max…but it should do that at 57V.

I’m just wondering if, because of Canbus, if the charger is going bad/wonky…would that affect any other piece of equipment on the Canbus?

Just grabbing at straws…
Old 11-26-2022, 05:09 PM   #14
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I wouldn’t think so Dave, but voltage data being passed between units could. Have you checked the REAL voltage with a meter?
Old 11-26-2022, 05:55 PM   #15
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I wouldn’t think so Dave, but voltage data being passed between units could. Have you checked the REAL voltage with a meter?
I have a separate voltage meter in my dashboard that I can switch between the pack voltage and my separate Marine battery voltage. The pack voltage difference is always .1 between the BMS monitor and the dashboard reading....with the BMS always showing .1 higher.

Thanks for the response though. I'm just thinking out loud...so to speak.

BTW...the cart is running great and the pack charge is strong and last like the day I put it in.

I did place my MM on the pack and it read the same voltage as the monitor. I even checked each cells voltage and compared that to the monitor. All was good and each reading was the same.

The BMS is also keeping the individual cells in balance (it's a shunt balance system). I'd prefer to keep this one (as long as it continues to work properly) but I need to get a handle on the charger and why it's not "listening" to the settings.

I may need to find another charger that is Canbus compatible...if I'm using the correct terminology.
Old 11-26-2022, 06:17 PM   #16
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Any reply from ZEVA?
Old 11-27-2022, 07:26 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

NADA….crickets.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:20 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

When I have time, I do a lot of "what if" thinking. At times that just leads to "oh carp" but it makes life fun!

I was thinking if I can't get my LED setup working properly, would a "Chargery" BMS be a cheap solution\swap for my "BMS issue"?

I was looking at this as a possible solution : https://www.aliexpress.us/item/22518...andl_shipto=US
Old 12-03-2022, 11:36 AM   #19
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
The pins will most likely be soldered to the LCD board.

Now, you could unsolder from the LCD but you’ll have to remove the pins from the new one as well. Double the work but you won’t risk damaging the control PCB.

Do you have a fine tip low wattage soldering iron, or better still, a friend that has some experience in this? A temperature controlled iron is best as too much heat will lift the pads. A “Solder Sucker” and/or desoldering braid will also be required.
This is where I might be tempted to try to use the heat gun on my rework station myself.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 04:21 PM   #20
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, if you have one, but Dave is more likely to have, or be able to purchase cheaply, a fine tipped iron. A rework station will be cost prohibitive for a one off job. If he had a rework station he wouldn’t be asking here about how to swap out an LCD screen as he would already have experience in fine soldering.

Dave, I’ve never used a Chargery BMS so I can’t comment on that. I’ve had good experiences with JBD, which are also available from AliExpress. You can purchase with Bluetooth, LCD display, or both. If you want both then you’ll have to look closely as most support one or the other as they use the same connection port. Only some have two ports on them. I believe they use RS422/485 comms so you could possibly splice both to the one port. In fact, that’s something I might try in the coming week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO