lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2022, 07:46 PM   #1
kirch3333
Not Yet Wild

Default Roof swap

I’ve tried the search feature and have looked all over the place for an answer. Is there a way to convert the roof from my 06 TXT to the newer style roof? For example, I have the older roof with the “X” on the bottom of it that is in poor shape and I’m trying to swap it for a newer roof with the lines going from front to back on it. I thought it would be a simple swap but the groove for the roof supports on the old one doesn’t line up with the new one. Can I use the front roof supports from a newer model?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kirch3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Roof swap

Anything can be modded to work , I have a CC DS and switched to a president-style roof. I know its not the same as your ezgo but here what I did .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8027-1.JPG (56.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8039.JPG (564.8 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
Lee0
Not Yet Wild

Ditto on anything can work with a few DIY brackets. My 1991 Marathon has a roof from a 2008 EZGO (i believe it was 2008 - either way a much newer model).

I just got the rear supports and bolted them to my existing cage - roof is still attached to old supports.

In the front I just drilled a couple new holes in the roof and used a rubber washer under the flat washer to keep water out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC4.jpg (161.5 KB, 0 views)
Lee0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
kirch3333
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I was going for a more finished look without extra holes and whatnot. I was kinda hoping I could just use the front roof supports from a newer year that had the proper angle on them and would fit the newer roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kirch3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO