lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default torque spring

Whats happenin' guys!!!!!!!! Question: Will a torque spring help with my hill-climbing ability ( I havent lifted my yammy yet) even with stock suspension and tires? I read here one time that the torque springs only worked if you had a lift and larger tires. Let me know. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta get my *** up that hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bubba1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
shawn.m
Gone Wild

Default Re: torque spring

yes they will help keep your cart in low gear.

you will lose some top speed
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

like how much top speed? Ive done the speed spring and screwed the gov. in all the way and like my top end. Will it hurt it a lot? Also shawn, If I decide to get the shorter belt, do I need to order it from CPP and what length do I need to tell them? Thanks for the help man! ( I have a paint question for u also shawn if u painted yours) Let me know about the belt. C-YA!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

if you go for a shorter belt it will run u about 2x the cost of a stock belt.the shorter belt is from a harley and runs about 75.00.other problems might occur with the shorter belt.how high do u want to climb?
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thanks doc. What other problems could arise from the use of a shorter belt? Can I order one from CCP and if so , what make and model do I ask for? The hills are in myneighborhood by the lake, pretty steep in Arkansas. I'd say 60degree incline or better in some spots. But most of my traveling is done on flat streets so in your opinion is it worth it? If so, let me know about the make and model to order, If not worth it, to i'll just deal with slow poking up a hill! Ha! Let me know! Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You don't realy mean 60 degrees do you, that seems a lot.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

comparing these hills to say a 90degree incline (straight up!) these 3 hills in my neighborhood going to the lake are at least at a 60 degree angle! I know and it really sucks cuz my 89 yammy G2 DOES NOT LIKE THE HILLS! The thing bogs down really to a slow crawl on these hills so im trying to fugure out a way to get a little more pulling power out of it. My spring and spacer are fine, my clutch is doing its thing, so a shorter belt is my only other hope, but I need to know about the downsides to running a shorter belt. Now on straight-aways with my gov. done and my speed spring installed, this thing will easily roll 35-38 mph! so what do i do? C-YA!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
maddog
Not Yet Wild

Wow 60 degrees I'd be afraid of going over backwards, better put some wheelly bars on that bad boy. I run a dozer and wouldn't even want to mess with a 60 degree hill, atleast not too much. You may need to go with a bigger engine?
maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
Niner
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I'd advise to go with the "Dixie Power Kit" from CPP.
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

I put one on my lifted G9 and it made a WORLD of differance going up the back side of the d-a-m on my pond, and some other rather steep hills on my place.

Basically what it does is gives the cart a lower gear ratio at slow speed.
Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

LIke the dozerhand said 60 degrees is radical but a shorter belt will give you a better shot at it and you should only loose a few mph at the top end....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha