lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: My g1 hunting cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnaz View Post
Great job job on the cart...........
Thanks kcnaz! Your G1 thread was my "intro to G1's" and helped me out alot. Thanks for your posts!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #22
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You bet.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well, the plow worked! Granted it was only 2" of snow, but it works. I'm sure the deep stuff will give it more resistance. It still needs some tweaking. I need to get larger hitch pins, the plow has way too much lateral movement. I also think I'm going to fix a pulley up to the lift of the plow to double the up/down speed. But, for a first attempt...I'm a happy camper! And...it sure beats the sh** out of shoveling and is three times faster than my snow blower. Plus it's just so darn fun!

Check out the maiden voyage! Enjoy!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #24
procomp
Not Yet Wild

Great job. Couple questions, can you modify the frame for the lift with the motor in or is the primary clutch going to be in the way?

Was the jakes lift worth it or would you build your own lift next time?
procomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by procomp View Post
Great job. Couple questions, can you modify the frame for the lift with the motor in or is the primary clutch going to be in the way?

Was the jakes lift worth it or would you build your own lift next time?
As far as the frame mod for clutch clearance...you pretty much have to have the motor out to do it the way I did it. I heated up the frame where I wanted the clearance, and I just used MAP gas because its all I had. Got it smoking, then found the biggest sledge hammer I had, stood on top of the frame with the heated area between my feet...and....bang, bang, bang. Literally three bangs and it was dented. I like this method because it keeps the frame intact, as opposed to cutting it and the like. Also, using MAP gas prevented me from heating the metal too much and compromising the structure of the metal.

As for the lift...the Jake's kit is great. As you can see I like to modify things and make them better. The fault in this cart is not the brand of the lift, but the design of the suspension. Since it's a single a arm setup you can only lift it up so far before you get too much of a camber issue. And with softer shocks on there the a arms travel way more than they were designed to and you'll get funky off road handling at speed. It gets a little squirelly. So my next modification will be to graft in an atv dual a arm long travel suspension. But for now it works pretty good, as long as I stay on smooth terrain.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #26
procomp
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
As far as the frame mod for clutch clearance...you pretty much have to have the motor out to do it the way I did it. I heated up the frame where I wanted the clearance, and I just used MAP gas because its all I had. Got it smoking, then found the biggest sledge hammer I had, stood on top of the frame with the heated area between my feet...and....bang, bang, bang. Literally three bangs and it was dented. I like this method because it keeps the frame intact, as opposed to cutting it and the like. Also, using MAP gas prevented me from heating the metal too much and compromising the structure of the metal.

As for the lift...the Jake's kit is great. As you can see I like to modify things and make them better. The fault in this cart is not the brand of the lift, but the design of the suspension. Since it's a single a arm setup you can only lift it up so far before you get too much of a camber issue. And with softer shocks on there the a arms travel way more than they were designed to and you'll get funky off road handling at speed. It gets a little squirelly. So my next modification will be to graft in an atv dual a arm long travel suspension. But for now it works pretty good, as long as I stay on smooth terrain.
thanks again.
procomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

don't it make us proud to design a really good working toy tool that truely turns work into play???? What a great job!!!!!
sirgknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgknight View Post
don't it make us proud to design a really good working toy tool that truely turns work into play???? What a great job!!!!!
Yes sir...sirknight! We love this sport, uh, passtime...uh...ADDICTION!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #29
bakenjason
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice cart, think I might have to put a plow on mine now!
bakenjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #30
WesJ
Getting Wild

i saw in another thread you said you were getting a Plowman Muffler, did you get it installed? If so how is the performance?

Thanks,

Wes
WesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha