lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
nobigthing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default "NoBigThings" build thread

Hello to everyone!!
This will be my first build thread post. Got started on the build and THANKS to my dad for saving the day, I have pics Too. Decided to build my own a-arm front end, started with a 83 EzGO frame that my Dad gave me, sand blasted it and built my own front frame section out of 1 1/4" dom tubing. So far have upgraded the body to the newer style. I had a pair of QA1 coilovers for a future drag car project and decided to use them on this? The front end works nice, I get no camber change when I move it through suspension travel. I am getting ready next to fab the steering rack mount and steering arms. Think I'm going to fab a rear steer setup, Think it will look better with the tie rods behind the coilovers. I have a plan for the steering column setup I think will work well? down the road plans are to fab a rear cradle with rear coilovers, build my own rollcage , big block power and dupont hot hues "molten orange" paint. I hope to have this project done by the spring??? and will keep updating here as I go. This forum is a Great Place with lots of knowledge and inspiration for me!! So THANKS!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (109.9 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (99.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (98.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (72.1 KB, 74 views)
nobigthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "NoBigThings" build thread

WELCOME nobigthing to BGW !
Thank you to Dad for taking the pics
I can see you have some real fab skills and will be watching this thread for updates I hope you build your own rear long travel... Ps. those shocks looks BIG up front what are they and what can you tell us about them? Where did you get your geometry for the front a arms?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
CULO
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Wow, nice fab work on the front end! I,m in the process of doing the same thing on my 91' G9. Not as far along as you though!
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...arm-build.html
Keep the pics coming!
CULO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
cibach
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

welcome
cibach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
nobigthing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks! ScottyB
The shocks are actually for a drag car they have 12 adjustments for bump and rebound and the coilsprings can be changed from 95 to 350 lb rates. There like a 3" outside dia with just over 6" of travel. When I designed the front end I looked at some atv's and loosely followed them. I built this with 6 degrees of positive caster like a car would have, I made sure the upper and lower a arm mounts at the frame were the same distance apart as the upper and lower spindle mounts or [ball joints]. That way they travel on the same arcs, so when you move the suspension through its travel the camber stays the same, or the tire stays straight up and down. When I build the steering arms and the steering rack mounts I will also have to make sure my planes of arc are the same too. or else I will get bump steer or my toe in will change.
I plan on building my own rear long travel cradle, I have been thinking about using the same style coilovers on the rear too?
I have been thinking of a style of rear frame rails that I have never seen done before on a cart? More to follow on that!!
nobigthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Great fab job on the cart. I can't wait to see more progress. It is going to be a big thing by the time you are done.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
ball-z
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Man I wish I could weld like that! My welding looks like a roll of nickels thrown across the floor
ball-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts