lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 engine rebuild with G22 parts

Has anyone rebuilt a G16(301cc) engine using G22(357cc) parts and could help me with a couple of questions? I have looked through the parts lists and it appears that the crankshaft, connecting rod, balance shaft, bearings, and cover are all the same between the 301 and 357. the block and piston are obviously different but i plan on buying those new(along with a new connecting rod anyway). I also noticed that the cylinder head does have a different part number but im wondering if the G16 head would work just fine. (im guessing the newer cylinder head has a slightly larger compression chamber but my question is: would it work(or would the piston hit the head) if i bolt my G16 head onto the G22 block/piston. I am thinking the answer is that it would probably work because usually pistons don't stick out past the cylinder on the outer edges. Any advice would be very helpful. thank you.

-Tom
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #2
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 engine rebuild with G22 parts

in case anyone is interested, I bought all the parts I think I need to do this. Ill post wether or not it worked or progress as I do it. I hope I didn't waste the almost 500 bucks it cost for all the new parts.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

whoa...brave soul you are my friend lol hope it works let us know now I'm curious
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:27 PM   #4
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

I had these parts sitting around for a while and finally got time to put them together this weekend. So to re-cap i have a yamaha G16(301) stock cart. I bought a G22 engine block, piston set, and head gasket. I took my engine apart and swapped all the other internals and now i have a 357cc engine running with almost all G16 parts. It all worked great. The only other part that is slightly different is the little metal cover inside the engine that is for the breather(pulse for fuel pump). that cover is ever so slightly different so i just bought the one from a G22 but you could just trim the G16 one to work. Anyway, in case anyone else is looking to rebuild a G16 and is willing to bite the bullet on the G22 engine block, it all interchanges(works together).
Old 06-20-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

****. Just looked up the G22 engine block and price is way up. I bought it about a year ago at $286 and now its $394.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha