lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #11
Bratmanxj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Short lift and 20"tires - will it work???

I joined this forum to research this exact thing. I'm fairly new to the golf cart world and we picked up an '07 President last year and I'm looking to make it just a bit taller to drive up our ramp into the shed without going crazy. One neighbor has a 6" lift and the cart wobbles and bounces all over the place. Another neighbor bought a brand new EZ-Go that's about 1" taller than ours and on 20" turf-tires....

Stock tires are 18-8.5x8 on our President. I'm looking at the 1" front lift block, the dual rate rear leaf springs to compensate for the rear seat then fabricating some shackles to level out or slightly raise the rear. From what I'm reading here this should sufficiently clear 20" tires. Can I get away with 20"x10" or should I stay narrower with a 20"x8" for clearance issues?
Bratmanxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanxj View Post
I joined this forum to research this exact thing. I'm fairly new to the golf cart world and we picked up an '07 President last year and I'm looking to make it just a bit taller to drive up our ramp into the shed without going crazy. One neighbor has a 6" lift and the cart wobbles and bounces all over the place. Another neighbor bought a brand new EZ-Go that's about 1" taller than ours and on 20" turf-tires....

Stock tires are 18-8.5x8 on our President. I'm looking at the 1" front lift block, the dual rate rear leaf springs to compensate for the rear seat then fabricating some shackles to level out or slightly raise the rear. From what I'm reading here this should sufficiently clear 20" tires. Can I get away with 20"x10" or should I stay narrower with a 20"x8" for clearance issues?
Couple things,

I don’t own a precedent but from what I understand they’re a little more forgiving than a DS. So you should be fine.

And if your buddies cart wobbles and is unstable with a 6” lift then something isn’t right either with their cart or their lift. I’ve had many carts with 6” lift up to 25” tires and they were more than stable and solid. I had an electric that would get sketchy up around 30mph but lower speeds were perfectly fine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #13
Bratmanxj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Couple things,

I don’t own a precedent but from what I understand they’re a little more forgiving than a DS. So you should be fine.

And if your buddies cart wobbles and is unstable with a 6” lift then something isn’t right either with their cart or their lift. I’ve had many carts with 6” lift up to 25” tires and they were more than stable and solid. I had an electric that would get sketchy up around 30mph but lower speeds were perfectly fine.
He also is notorious for hack-jobs and no maintenance. Either way my wife & mother are short and I don't need them falling trying to climb into the thing.

So I can buy the package deal 20x10-10 and shouldn't (famous last words) have a problem. I didn't want to have to piecemeal the 20x8-10 setup if I didn't need to.

Thank you!
Bratmanxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car