lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
WyomingBorn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 Ezgo TXT charger plug sense wire

I have a 2000 Ezgo TXT which was given to us. The charger plug was bad and when I went to remove it, I found the red sense wire had been cut off at the back of the plug body. Does anyone know where this goes? The cart has had a difficult life, everything from the brake cables being welded it place to a tie rod connection being broken and welded where the front wheels don't track equally.

Thanks!
WyomingBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Ezgo TXT charger plug sense wire

Make/model of the charger? JohnnyB has a good picture of the plug and port with tops removed, so you can see what it looks like, but basically, the sense wire should be connected to a metal (brass?) contact that touches the outside of the cart's negative Radsok. It can be attached to the same polarity inside the charger, if you can't get it to work. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with the charger.

I had a 1998, but don't recall the Model. The attached Lester shows the sense wire. If you need to bypass this, the red sense wire can be connected to the black charging wire inside the charger.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 35827_A1.pdf (1.59 MB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

…..
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
rib33024

Here's info on the reed switch bypass. The receptacle/plug on the cart

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post629108
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just to confirm, is the "charger plug" on the end of the charger's cable, or a part of the golf cart?

When you said "red sense wire", I immediately assumed charger, not buggy, as it's called the interlock and is white, not red, but I could easily be wrong.

I was referring to the charger's sense wire, which is red, and for some strange reason the small red wire connects to the charger port black or negative radsok.

I triple checked mine? I have a DPI, which doesn't use the sense wire, but it's on the negative side. Also, the negative Radsok doesn't have a plastic sleeve, allowing the sense wire to contact it?

If I mistook the question I'm sorry.

"The charger plug was bad and when I went to remove it".
Old 04-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #6
rib33024

I think I misunderstood the question. I thought he was talking about the cart receptacle/plug reed switch, not the charger plug
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

OP,

Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:09 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Just to confirm, is the "charger plug" on the end of the charger's cable, or a part of the golf cart?

When you said "red sense wire", I immediately assumed charger, not buggy, as it's called the interlock and is white, not red, but I could easily be wrong.

I was referring to the charger's sense wire, which is red, and for some strange reason the small red wire connects to the charger port black or negative radsok.

I triple checked mine? I have a DPI, which doesn't use the sense wire, but it's on the negative side. Also, the negative Radsok doesn't have a plastic sleeve, allowing the sense wire to contact it?

If I mistook the question I'm sorry.

"The charger plug was bad and when I went to remove it".
Yurtle…..in reality, where the sensing wire comes out of the cart side of the receptacle....the wire IS red....its short and has a spade connector on it and it connects to the WHITE wire that goes to MS2.

see at the top of the diagram.....

Series Cart Wiring Diagram.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You only see the white wire coming out of the receptacle, unless you open it up. That's what your diagram says. Red wire inside receptacle going to reed switch "interlock", and a short white wire exiting the receptacle, connecting to a long red wire to MS2, and it's called "interlock" on the diagram, not "sense". We generally call it a reed switch.

We're not sure which "plug" he's talking about at this point. Lester calls the part connected to the charger the "plug" and part connected to the cart the "receptacle".

If he's talking about the plug that plugs into the attached "receptacle", then the red sense wire connects to the outside of the negative Radsok and goes through the three conductor cable to the charger. The charger manual I attached calls the small red wire inside the charger plug the "sense" wire. My DPI doesn't have this "sense" wire.

Here's a Lester diagram showing charger's red sense wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reedswitch.jpg (513.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg sense.jpg (165.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 11:17 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Found a pic of a Powerwise "plug". The red wire connects to what they call the Auxilary Contact. Inside the charger, they call it Battery Return -.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (49.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (131.9 KB, 0 views)

Tags
charging, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO