lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #21
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: tempo fuel gauge on g14

Bump
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #22
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Question;
Just bought a fuel gauge kit for mine, does anyone have any idea what the amp draw is? I plan on wiring it to the switched hot side of the ignition switch IF the draw is minimal, then tie into the headlight switch for the lighted gauge.....

IF it draws a lot of amps then I'll probably just wire in a momentary switch for the gauge, I do shut the ignition switch off at night but really don't want to shut it off everytime I stop. Thanks
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:46 AM   #23
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is how mine is done in both carts and neither have anything but the basic cart charging systems
Old 10-26-2020, 07:01 PM   #24
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ok great, Thanks.....

Have you ever left the ignition switch on overnight? Just wondering in case I forget to shut mine off sometime, it's been known to happen after those 3-4 rounds of beer/whiskey drinkin' golf days

Think I'll go ahead and bench test the amp draw when I get it anyway, it's not a tempo. Just some sort of universal aftermarket Chinese pos lol
Old 10-26-2020, 07:49 PM   #25
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

No both of mine are converted to key start. Can't walk away from them
Old 10-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #26
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah I remember you now, you were helping me with that Harley buggy rebuild I did last year. I remember cuz you put a Suzuki engine in yours, I was about 2 seconds away from doing something like that too. But I was successful in the rebuild, just in the nick of time LOL......

I'll report back when I get a reading draw from this guage
Old 10-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #27
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Yes You fixed that NICE cart up and sold it. With the parts situation a very wise move IMHO.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #28
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yep that was me, I made a pretty penny on that deal. But I will say I earned it too..........

Don't think I posted it before but the (Mr know it all) guy who bought it crashed it a bit when loading on his trailer, it was an open trailer with about a foot high railing around it.....

I suggested to back it on so the wind couldn't catch the roof and try to open it up for the 10 miles of highway he had to go, so I drove it over and backed it up to the trailer ramp for him.....

That was a mistake, even though he said he's drove a Harley cart before.....

So, I bet you already know where I'm going with this LOL. And it's an example of how well I did get it to run....

He backs it up the ramp and onto the trailer with no problem but it stops short from the front rail by about 2 foot, upon attempting to back up a little more to get the rear wheels resting against the front rail he hits the gas (and never let off) but then couldn't find the brake pedal LOL. The rear wheels hit and bounced over the rail, and now the sad part........

As the rear wheels cleared the trailer rail the buggy slammed down and was now sliding on its frame until the brake disc hit the rail and stopped it, luckily for him as it was only a few inches away from hitting his nice new truck at that point. It took four of us to pick it up and get the wheels over the rail and back on the trailer as the rear wheels were locked up....

He bent the brake disc so bad it was locked up in the caliper, he couldn't even unload it when he got home. I ran into him about a month later as he was driving it around, he had to take it directly to a dealer and they were able to find a used replacement disc for it. I was afraid to ask what that cost him, I'll bet his wife was impressed too LOL.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #29
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Wow What a story
Old 10-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #30
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yeah it actually sucked, I felt so bad for him and my poor precious Xbuggy........I did get a hold of that used Harley parts place in Wisconsin and she told me she'd send me a disc for free just pay $8 shipping, but I couldn't get a hold of the buyer. I would have installed it for free for him too.....

Anyway;
Back to the fuel gauge, I got it yesterday and did a bench test last night. I'm super surprised at how low of an amp draw it is......

With the phony little bitty light bulb for the lighted dial ON;
I got .06 - .09 of an amp, the range is dependent on a full or empty signal from the sending unit.

Lighted dial OFF;
.05 - .07

Also did an ohms test since it isn't listed anywhere and thinking about getting a nicer looking gauge for it, 33 - 235 ohms depending on full or empty.

I can now wire it direct to the ignition switch ON terminal and not even worry about leaving it on or off, it's less than 1/10th of an amp. Amazing!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha