lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Help identify this Ez-Go Utility vehicle

Looked at what is supposed to be an Ez-go utility vehicle today and would like a little information if possible about it. Did not have my camera with me because I was not exactly expecting to find anything. The owner says it is a 1995 Ez-Go utility vehicle. Could not read the number plate under the passenger side of dash looks like too many feet or what ever has scrubbed against it. The engine is; 4 cycle,2 cylinder overhead valve. The front and back body of it is what appears to be diamond tread looking steel instead of a smooth metal or plastic like the common carts. The box on the back of it he says is factory. It is not a dump or a flip down seat model, but has sides and a tail gate that latches. He says it is the model before the Work Horse made now. Cart is stock and in pretty decent shape. It has no lift kit, big tires or any of the speed equipent which is not needed for my wife to use around the 3 acre lot we have.
I know this is a poor description to go on, but didn't have but about 45 minutes to look at it and cart is about 70 miles away and I can't run over and look at it too easy. Would appreciate any help some one might give. Also would like to know any good or bad features of this beast.

Thanks for any help you might could give. Gene Davis Tennile, Ga.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help identify this Ez-Go Utility vehicle

I found a picture of a Tuff 1 and it looks like the one I described above. This one is painted orange. Saw a reference to a Jacobson like this also. How can I tell if it is a Jacobson or Ez-Go as it does not have a name plate on the front like other Ez-Go carts? What years were they made? How good are they?
Gene Davis
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

I can't answer your questions but I have only seen a couple of them in person, they were older with 2 cycle motors, I would think it is a 95, wasn't the first year for 4 cycles 94? and 95 was probably close to the last of the diamond plate bodies?
http://server1.buggiesunlimited.com/...ic.php?t=39684

Also think they are the Koolest !!!

Is it close to Michigan? :)
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jacobsen and EZGO are the same carts. Both companies are owned by Textron. Carts that have Jacobsen on them came from the Golf / Turf division of Textron, hense a turf equipment supplier for golf courses.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I love it when people say "hense"!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

that's a great description, what you talking about is a XT500(I think this is a GXI804 but can't confirm this) or a GXT804 (aka tuff1) The tuff1 is made so it can have a dumping bed but sometime have them locked down, unlike its counterpart that has a fixed bed with the seat back being the front side of the bed. (I happen to own a tuff1) Both are marathon based carts and the 4 stroke production started in 91, I'm not sure when the end date on production on these carts were but they were made past 97. The Jacobsen carts were made on the same production line as the ezgo and likewise cushman, woods, and a few others named carts. they are branded with whatever name is needed at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turf1.jpg (58.5 KB, 71 views)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #7
gadavis
Gone Wild

Thanks everbody. I knew I could count on you people. I think it is maybe the Jacobson version because it is orange. Will pick it up in 2 weeks when I get back over there. I left him(the dealer) a deposit to hold it till then. I will have to go back with my pickup and trailer because we were in the Ford Escape and it is not much bigger than the cart is.
Thanks again for the help. Gene Davis Tennille, Ga,
Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

I think the jacobsen models are are labled GX*810, all of these type 4 stroke carts came with the Robins EH29 (295cc) engine.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO