lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #21
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

Default Re: street legal?

thanks 30AR Please Keep us up dated..
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #22
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Ok guys/gals this will be the second to last time I post on this thread.

I spoke with a guy in Mexico Beach Florida who drives his cart on the street; I was psyched to find out how he does this with his GAS POWERED CART. Turns out the county he lives in offers seasonal permits for $20/yr which gives the ability to drive a golf cart on most roads that are lower speeds.

So I then called another cart shop in Panama City Beach that has been in business for 15 years, and they claim to specialize in street legal carts. They said electric only. So I asked why and they kept me on the phone while speaking with a state police representative and I heard via speaker phone as the state police rep said "In Florida only way to drive a golf cart legally is to meet all standards with equipment including all the lights bells and whistles, register the cart, tag it, insure it; and this can only be done with electric carts. Dont know why not with gas, but you can not register a gas golf cart for the road in Florida"

I will go to my local Tax office and prod some more and report in which will in my guess be the last time I need to...every way I turn to try and find a way to register a gas cart legally turns out with a bug NO and I dont expect to hear any different.

Sorry people, Im as disappointed as you.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #23
chukher
Not Yet Wild

This is the info I found out about registering a cart

Basically what the state is doing is registering it as an “Assembled from Parts” NEV.

1. Cart must be electric.
2. Must be capable of minimum 20 MPH with a maximum of 25 MPH.
3. Must have LEXAN windshield.
4. Windshield wiper (electric or hand operated).
5. Seat belts.
6. Rear view mirror (outside left) and either one center inside or one right side.
7. Red reflector on rear and each side as close to the rear as possible. (At least 24 inches from ground).
8. Headlights
9. Taillights
10. Brake lights.
11. Turn signals.
12. Horn.

Keep all receipts for your upgrades. You will need a receipt (Bill of Sale) for the cart plus a Certificate of Manufacture. You will also need a weight slip. (Load cart on trailer and drag it to a state weigh station. They will weigh it and give you a slip of paper.) With all of this you’ll need to go to the DMV and fill out some forms. You leave all the paper work. They will then make an appointment for you to bring the cart in for inspection. After the inspection, they collect any taxes that are due. They will issue a title. Drag the cart home.
chukher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #24
30-A rider
Getting Wild

I beleive your 100% correct except for the windshield wiper. I have yet to see a street legal cart with a windshield wiper. Even the dealers who are selling carts strret legal dont have them. I have all the Papaer work from the office of compliance and this is not on thier list of required items.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #25
agrims
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

1st time post - new to site & carts!! Thanks for all the help from everyone here - very useful info - still reading & finding more interesting stuff. Just got my cart street legal!!!!! I got insurance ($100/yr), registration/plates/tag ($87 - next yr just tag $30), and smv sign. Only been sl 1 week and haven't seen a constable (Katy, TX) yet - saw them a bunch before though. Talked to one & said if I had plates on it I shouldn't get stopped - if none he would probably just tell me to get it off the road. He also said it doesn't need lights (should not be driven at night), signals, windsheild - but I plan on putting them on later anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mygolfcart.jpg (60.1 KB, 2 views)
agrims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #26
DENNIS TAYLOR
Not Yet Wild

I have given up on trying to get mine registered. kept getting the run around. Anyway it is broke right now. In the process off putting in a new Vanguard 23 hp with 22x11x10 DOT tires.

Have a great day and Good Luck on registering.
Dennis
DENNIS TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #27
villajoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-A rider View Post
I beleive your 100% correct except for the windshield wiper. I have yet to see a street legal cart with a windshield wiper. Even the dealers who are selling carts strret legal dont have them. I have all the Papaer work from the office of compliance and this is not on thier list of required items.
you need a wiper where i live. i have a manually operated one. but that's just to get it registered...

i ride around with no windshield at all, and took off the side mirrors and haven't had any problems with cops.
villajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:22 AM   #28
tbolt
Gone Wild

Move to Arizona, They give you motor cycle plates with no restrictions. It must be street legal but they leave that up to you
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #29
xmunozx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

can you register 2003 Ezgo gas golf cart for street legal or offroad use? (green sticker)
xmunozx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Here in S.C. we dont seem to have any of these issues with getting our carts registered. The only requirment I had to have was liability insurance on my cart to get it registered with the DMV. I went in with my insurance papers, filled out an application showing my drivers license #, put down my wife as another driver with her info and they gave me a handbook showing the rules which didnt state much other than allowable age, distance allowed to travel from business or home, and times the cart has to be parked. They gave me a sticker for my windshield and off I went. Most people in our town do all of their shopping on carts. He!! we even go through the drive-thru in town on our carts. It's great.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's