lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What is the best replacement engine for 95?

I know people have been retrofitting various engines into their Club cars but what is the best engine to use with the least amount of changes, BESIDES THE CLUB CAR ONES. If you are dealing with a 95 or earlier cart, the rotaton would match most engines, correct? Being able to reuse the existing starter and air filter could help save cost.

Would any old recoil start horizontal shaft engine do? What about the vacuum hose on for the fuel pump? What are the specs of the shaft that are needed? Has anyone found a commercial engine from places like Small Engine Warehouse that meet all the specs?

Please let me know.
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is the best replacement engine for 95?

THis is just one persons opinion from one CC conversion .... I used an inexpensive Maxpower 13hp honda clone engine......They come complete with starter and intake.... I reworked a CC exhaust.... It was honestly a lot of work and the stock clutch will only fit a stock motor.... My opinion is that this type of project requires some fab skills & there are lots of hidden expenses.... and so, if you are gonna do it = go big because it is just about the same work required
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
THis is just one persons opinion from one CC conversion .... I used an inexpensive Maxpower 13hp honda clone engine......They come complete with starter and intake.... I reworked a CC exhaust.... It was honestly a lot of work and the stock clutch will only fit a stock motor.... My opinion is that this type of project requires some fab skills & there are lots of hidden expenses.... and so, if you are gonna do it = go big because it is just about the same work required
well said!
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scottyb,

I have read many of the conversions and some people seem to get away with very little work (or they don't mention it) and others have a lot of fab work to do. Some people get free engines (I would like to know how) and can Macguyver a clutch out of a paper clip and a couple of rubber bands; I can't do that. At the opposite end, you have the complete engine swap kit but I can't afford that.

What would you even need to look for as far as (shaft, fuel pump, low oil indicator, electical hook ups, etc.)? As soon as I hit a speed bump (like an extra wire or fuel pump requirement), my projects come to a grinding halt and I go into "thinker mode" so I need to avoid these as much as possible.

What do I need to look for?
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, engine, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car