lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #11
DENNIS TAYLOR
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: street legal?

I'll do that. If you see my cart (gray Yesteryear with a lot of chrome, side lakers <three outlet>, lifted, black top, maybe folded down depending of weather. Usually have our 2 black puppies with us, they are Poms. Stop by.
DENNIS TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
castlecart
Gone Wild

Hey Dennis, got any pics of your cart? Sounds cool.
castlecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #13
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

i sure will dennis. do you frequent the squares much? you cant miss me i'll be with a very pregnant fiance! i agree with castlecart i'd like to see some pics also....
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #14
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Hotwatermusic,

Im in the same boat as you are living in FLorida and trying to find out how to register a cart street legal (regardless of whether othe rpeople like the idea or not; its really none of thier business).

Anyway I will share what I know.

Cart dealer and rental guy close to me stated Florida is the only probolem state. Accoridng to this guy he has spoke with the top level of Managements at the Florida DMV. The state will alllow an electric cart to be registered if it meets Federal guidelines. All other states can regiester Gas and electric. So according to this guy he states if a cart was registered out of state with a title etc and then brought in state the DMV told him they would have no choice but to register the cart as well.

Furthermore there is another cart forum where the owner indicated that many of his customers have "stickers" for thier carts and drive them to the beach.

The serial # thing isnt true to best of my knowledge as I do know of an electric limo cart registered in the state and the owner stated they used the serial # and added zero's before the number.

Im waiting for a contact from suppossedly some guys who have gas powered carts registered in the state. If I find out the info I will PM you or post what have found.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #15
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Also more evidence it can be done. Go to a search engine and look up Boca Golf Carts. On thier home page it states all of thier carts and registered, insured and street legal.

I doubt anyone could needle them to find out how they did it.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-A rider View Post
Also more evidence it can be done. Go to a search engine and look up Boca Golf Carts. On thier home page it states all of thier carts and registered, insured and street legal.

I doubt anyone could needle them to find out how they did it.
We have a place here in town that specializes in making carts street legal. I wonder if you called this place and asked them if they do that sort of thing and what it would entail. You might get some useful information and then be able to do it yourself.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #17
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All states require the following for street legal golf carts:
1. The slow moving vehicle must not be capable of traveling in speeds that are more than thirty five miles per hour [35 mph]
2. Maximum seating capacity your cart or NEV is four people
3. Your cart must not weight more then two thousand and two hundred pounds
4. Your cart must come equipped with a headlight, front turn lamps, rear turn lamps, tail lamps, and stop lamps.
5. Must come equipped with reflex reflectors, exterior mirrors, and an interior mirror.
6. Must come with brakes, a windshield, and a vehicle identification number or VIN.
7. Each seat must have an approved seat belt
8. Must have the manufacturer's certificate of origin as a low speed vehicle.

These are just the basic law requirements. Do not use this list to decide what is legal and what is not in your province or state. Instead check with local law officials or DMV to make sure you will be legal.
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
hotwatermusic
Gone Wild

thanks for the info guys and girl (BOO). i'll try poking around a bit to see what i can find. 30AR if you happen to call Boca or find out any more info please let me know and DENNISTAYLOR would also like this info..

again thanks everyone... this is the reason i'm on this site so much
hotwatermusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #19
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Bad news,

Hotwatermusic and other FLorida residents. I emailed 2 golf cart dealers that claim to specialize in "Street Legal Carts" What I came back with between the two fo them in a nutshell was something like:

"When all the Florida law is digested you it is made clear the purpose of NEV's, LSV's and street legal golf cart if for the purpose of being Green firendly meaning electric and not gas powered. The only type of cart we sell street legal, because thge only kind of cart you can register street legal in Florida is electric"

They both also stated "Our living is made of selling cart and 50% of those sales are for street legal carts. We need to know the law to sell carts and feed our families. If there was a way to register and insure gas carts legally in this state we would know about it, and our sales would probably go up 30-50%...we have lost many potential sales and customers because people want gas powered carts fro the range #1, #2 most people are comfortable trouble shooting and fixing gas but dont know electricity, and #3 its easier to get reliable performance out of a gas cart than electric....but electric is all we have to work with at this time and I dont see the law changing"

Now I have a gut who most probably know in the cart world who states he has customers with gas powered carts that are "Stickered" and drive on the road in under 35 zones. I gather his term of stickered means legally registered in the state. Im keeping my fingers crossed that he is correct and will tell me how to get to this point but to be honest Im guessing he is mistaken.

I will try to keep any information I learn current. Please do the same.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Bummer... that sucks
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's