lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
AGECS
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT not starting/pumping fuel

Hey im new here, ive been reading for a while but decided to post tonight. I have a lifted ezgo txt (not sure the year, I got it without a body but im sure its not past 2007) that will turn over but not start. Its not pumping fuel and ive tested suctioning fuel from the carberator end of the fuel line and it passes threw the filter (which was new) and the pump easily. I removed the carb and I get suction from the block and ive even installed a brand new carb from another brand new engine that I have (same Robin 295). I did notice a white wire coming off of a part I am not sure what it is. Its closest to the front about 4 inches higher and 3 inches toward the front than the pulser coil. Looking down at the engine it has a round top with a somewhat bumpy diameter and has 1 white 14AWG wire that is screwed into the center. I did try cleaning the original carb out with carb cleaner blowing right into it while cranking the engine and it started to start up and jump forward about 5 feet (even while in neutral..it was late I probably didnt have the knob all the way in the middle) so that led me to believe it was the carb. I also have bypassed the puel pump with both lines (1 at a time) and the pulse line sucks gas easily but the fuel line didnt change..any ideas?
AGECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: TXT not starting/pumping fuel

I believe the white wire is for the oil pressure switch, most are.
take the line off the carb and crank the engine over to see if it's getting fuel through it.
if there is fuel coming out then it's a carb problem
if no fuel then it's a pump or line/hose problem.
If there is gas in the line that runs from the pump to the crank case then your fuel pump is bad, may be bad anyway.

check the fuel pick up tube in the tank and make sure it hasn't come off.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a pulse, then the crank pressure should be fine. Are you POSITIVE you have the fuel pump connected properly? Post a picture for us. Is the screen on the fuel pump CLEAN? I've seen clogged diaphram screens make a fuel pump not work. Is your fuel pump the square metal unit, or the black MCI round plastic unit?

The wire is the low oil sensor - has nothing to do with the fuel...

Something else to check - make sure your pickup line INSIDE the fuel tank didn't fall off, I've seen this many times before.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
AGECS
Not Yet Wild

yes im pos everythings hooked up right..ill try taking the line off in a sec (but how would it suck fuel through the line if its not connected to the carb?) and its the metal square/diamond shaped pump..i just dont understand why im getting a pulse when i hook it directly to the tank but when i hook the fuel line to the tank i get nothing..maybe the compression is off..the pick up line is fine in the tank..ill check the pump as well and take pics
Old 03-13-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGECS View Post
. I also have bypassed the puel pump with both lines (1 at a time) and the pulse line sucks gas easily but the fuel line didnt change..any ideas?
The "pulse line" is only suppose to have air in it, if there is gas in this line then your fuel pump diaphram is messed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
take the line off the carb and crank the engine over to see if it's getting fuel through it.
if there is fuel coming out then it's a carb problem
if no fuel then it's a pump or line/hose problem.
If there is gas in the line that runs from the pump to the crank case then your fuel pump is bad, may be bad anyway.

check the fuel pick up tube in the tank and make sure it hasn't come off.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
AGECS
Not Yet Wild

ok i replaced the hose from the filter to the pump cause it was pretty stiff and cracking and tight all connections and cranked it for a bit and i now have fuel pumping through the filter and when i remove the fuel line it leaks out so thats where im at..i also disassembled the pump and noticed that the half of the diaphragm (entrance screen) is somewhat hardened and not flexible/smooth like the exit screen...also when i pulled off the pulse line it was pretty dry at the tip..also a note, i took a pic of the solenoid plate because the red wire from the ms3 is on the solenoid and the diagram i have (although its for a 2007) shows that the red wire from ms3 should be going to ms4 and from ms4 it becomes red/white which goes to the solenoid through the 15amp fuse..well it wouldnt start without that wire on the solenoid so...well I got it started and running but it needs some adjustment..it only starts with the choke all the way closed and stops running if i close it..(by the way I started this post last night before it was working..so thats why it seems so jumpy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO