lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default fuel injected yamaha drive

We got a couple new fuel injected drives at my work they look pretty neat. Anybody kno much about them yet or have had any problems with them .
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: fuel injected yamaha drive

I just heard about them this past weekend. I was wondering the same thing.

got any pics you can post?

also wondering whay they are still at 11.4hp. i figured they would go to 13 or maybe even 14 to out power their competition.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
ME2008
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I took a short text drive on one about a week ago. Didn't have a big area to drive it but its seemed pretty quick. A guy that builds custom carts in The Lake of the Ozarks area had a couple.
ME2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like the same motor just has eletric fuel pump and an injector in place of the carb. Ill get some pics tomorrow
Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

We've already sold 5 of the 6 that we could get(limited supply, can only be ordered with the PTV option (headlites/horn, we also ordered them with fuel gauges) we received. Wish I would have had my camera the day we had a air box and body off one, seems the FI controller box is in a spot hard to get to (above the PS inner fender panel). I've been working on Yamaha's since 1982 and have seen many many many change's. I guess I'm sceptical about any new product change. No chokeing needed Fuel pulsar lines not being plugged up Performance ? Also new, primary and secondary clutch assy's, greaseable and I beleive an upgrade from the "Team " clutch's. Only time will tell.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
We got a couple new fuel injected drives at my work they look pretty neat. Anybody kno much about them yet or have had any problems with them .
we have sold over 500 by now no problem with FI but we do have some problems with primary clutches being jumpy
swampsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Glad yamaha has added FI. I ws wondering since all their 4 wheelers were FI why not add that to the golf cart. FI is not expensive as it used to be.

I havn't had the chance to even see one, my dealer doesn't have any yet. I just wish they would bump the HP up. Customer still want an EZGO since they think 13hp is better than 11.5hp. In a way it is. lol

Glad they are working out for ya - The Villages.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
Glad yamaha has added FI. I ws wondering since all their 4 wheelers were FI why not add that to the golf cart. FI is not expensive as it used to be.

I havn't had the chance to even see one, my dealer doesn't have any yet. I just wish they would bump the HP up. Customer still want an EZGO since they think 13hp is better than 11.5hp. In a way it is. lol

Glad they are working out for ya - The Villages.

we are still waiting to see what happens when all the snow birds come back this fall. after they have been sitting for a while.

They run about 25 mph with 2 adj which r the gov and its cables. No gears add or changes in clutches. But if you add gears like we do and do nothing to the clutches 50 mph is no problem. Total top end with the FI is still not found. We cant sell a cart that will go that fast to many snow birds would crash into each other. Its bad at 20 mph now
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Adjusting of the govenor voids warranty I thought?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
swampsat
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Adjusting of the govenor voids warranty I thought?
it does but if you do it the right way it will not
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha