lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #371
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It cost 1500 around Jacksonville if local cart dealer installs equipment and deals with county.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #372
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROWN MAN View Post
My local cart shop gave me an estimate of $1756.56 to get my cart titled in Fla.
Thats retro fitting all nesersary parts & leg work w/ county.
Seems a little high to me
What would you be willing to pay to have someone do all that work for you?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #373
CROWN MAN
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
What would you be willing to pay to have someone do all that work for you?
Im not sure,
I enjoy working on my cart so why pay someone else.
I hate paper work & dmv bull shiz so I would be willing to pay someone to do that.
CROWN MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #374
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You still have go to the DMV and fill out the paperwork, have all your receipts, then have it inspected, that's in Duval county. I know the drill can get harder or smoother depending where you live. Our DMV here has been pretty good so far, last year there were so many requests, all carts have to go to one main office on our westside. Good luck its worth it.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #375
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop911 View Post
I have the wiper,SMV Emblem,Left Outside mirror,left and right reflectors if anybody want to buy it from me maybe we can keep on passing it along to other cart members
to get legalized
I am in Miami Lakes 33014 and am in the process of converting my cart to a LSV. My cart is gas, so i am not sure if this will be a problem. I am interested in the smv emblem and other stuff.

Also, do you know if the cart needs special tires? or will stock tires work?

Thanks.
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #376
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Your cart must be electric to convert to a Low Speed Vehicle by State regulations.

"In Florida and other states, there are specific LSV, NEV and golf cart laws and regulations governing the usage and construction of street legal golf carts, or low speed vehicles (LSV). Defined by Florida Statute 320.01(42) as “any four-wheeled electric vehicles whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour,” low speed vehicles include NEV or neighborhood electric vehicles. Golf carts that are not considered LSV's are prohibited from operation on roads with a few exceptions detailed in s. 316.212. As with motor vehicles, low speed vehicles are subject to a license tax, which is the same as that prescribed in Florida Statute s. 320.08- for non-electrically powered vehicles."
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #377
Miamidad
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Your cart must be electric to convert to a Low Speed Vehicle by State regulations.

"In Florida and other states, there are specific LSV, NEV and golf cart laws and regulations governing the usage and construction of street legal golf carts, or low speed vehicles (LSV). Defined by Florida Statute 320.01(42) as “any four-wheeled electric vehicles whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour,” low speed vehicles include NEV or neighborhood electric vehicles. Golf carts that are not considered LSV's are prohibited from operation on roads with a few exceptions detailed in s. 316.212. As with motor vehicles, low speed vehicles are subject to a license tax, which is the same as that prescribed in Florida Statute s. 320.08- for non-electrically powered vehicles."

The current florida statute 320.01 reads a little different. (41) “Low-speed vehicle” means any four-wheeled vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour, including, but not limited to, neighborhood electric vehicles. Low-speed vehicles must comply with the safety standards in 49 C.F.R. s. 571.500 and s. 316.2122.

And.

(2) A low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, taillamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers.

So it looks like gas is okay now.
Miamidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #378
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamidad View Post
The current florida statute 320.01 reads a little different. (41) “Low-speed vehicle” means any four-wheeled vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour, including, but not limited to, neighborhood electric vehicles. Low-speed vehicles must comply with the safety standards in 49 C.F.R. s. 571.500 and s. 316.2122.

And.

(2) A low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, taillamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers.

So it looks like gas is okay now.
Well OK then... that's good if its now law that gas or electric can be considered LSV. I'd call the DMV and ask them to be sure as well as getting the proper paperwork which you'll need anyway. Good Luck and let us know what you find out. :)
Old 02-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #379
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scuba, What does the ASPT stand for in your LSV's name?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:49 PM   #380
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Scuba, What does the ASPT stand for in your LSV's name?
On the Florida form is shows ASPT which is supposed to mean Assembled from Parts. Back in this thread are copies I posed of the title, forms, etc., showing it. So my cart is titled 2009 ASPT instead of 2006 Club Car.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car