lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: my new project 1993 carryall 1

STEVEO420 thanks for all the info

removing all the paint , a lot of sanding, some paint striper , some sandblasting , actone ,and more sanding and Polishing!
imjman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

where did you get new rear fenders?
Redlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

I got my new fenders at golfcartpartsdirect.com
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjman57 View Post
I got my new fenders at golfcartpartsdirect.com
great thank you a lot i was trying to find a place i could get stock parts...are they decent on price

edit: not bad for thirty bucks i think its the only original part i will need but who knows i love the look of original parts, my hope is to do major suspension work but have the rest look "stock" and clean haha
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

No problem. its a good place to get hard to find parts sometimes the price is decent but sometimes ouch !!!!!

good luck
J-MAN
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #16
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
No problem. its a good place to get hard to find parts sometimes the price is decent but sometimes ouch !!!!!

good luck
J-MAN
i know right 1400 for a fe290 wow seriously i have two id sell for way way less than that anyway your cart looks awesome i cant wait to start mine i want to do kinda the same thing but im looking into doing complete frame off. i want to eagle one mine then make a rolling chassis then go from there. i meant to ask you when you stripped the paint did you take off the metal divider the seat backs are mounted to? on mine it appears you can i was just curious. seems like with t off there is a ton of room to work on the engine area. either way yours looks awesome im jealous mine has a long way to go especially with it being on the backburner right now
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

I started stripping with the back rest on, after I started, I notice both sides where it mounts to the frame were cracked, had to remove the back rest to repair it. Was easy to remove, and yes there is a lot of room to work on the engine and other internal parts.

and I just pick up 4 each duro desert 22x11-10 tire with 10x8 offset wheels friday from local craigslist. Still not sure which lift I going to use?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
Redlig
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I started stripping with the back rest on, after I started, I notice both sides where it mounts to the frame were cracked, had to remove the back rest to repair it. Was easy to remove, and yes there is a lot of room to work on the engine and other internal parts.

and I just pick up 4 each duro desert 22x11-10 tire with 10x8 offset wheels friday from local craigslist. Still not sure which lift I going to use?

i have the same tires would love to go bigger once they are worn out they are used so who knows gt to check for cracks and leaks first. im wondering if in the back i can trim the fenders to give more clearance for bigger tires. anyway...im thinking about biting the bullet and going long travel on mine. i would look so sick on a carryall, my issue is the rear. maybe you have thought about this, i want to have the rear to match the front but also be able to haul some stuff in the bed. so my options are nice ride custom threelink or hd springs (apparently give a little more lift) blocked up with some nicer shocks. one rides nice and one hauls. for simplicity sake i may jsut do the hd springs clean simple. but one thing i want to for sure do is convert the snubber to heim apparently when you lift it puts a very steep angle and the heim will level it out and keep it from slipping off the edge.

one thing i did want to ask was when i got my two carryalls both gas pedals are locked up. did you have a problem with his? the previous owner said it happened a lot
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

I have no problems with my gas pedal. If you lower the front of the engine frame to level out the engine it will lower the intake hose into the electric box and cut off air flow to carb. Part# 691368 Manifold-Intake. It is a Briggs and Stratton part dose not come with brass fitting you have to mod it for breather hose
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intake%20hose.jpg (53.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1030.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1122.jpg (177.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
imjman57
Getting Wild

Club Car

pic's of my 92 cc ds snubber mod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 37.jpg (147.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 38.jpg (148.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 39.jpg (184.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of 100_1070.jpg (120.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart 40.jpg (92.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car