lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Worhorse st 350

I have a chance to pickup a st 350 with no engine for $500. I'm not sure of the year and I have no idea about the condition. I'm going over tonight to check it out. Based on an average condition, would this be a wise buy? I'm thinking yes because I could put a motor in it for $2000 and have an awesome cart. What do you experts think? Would I be an idiot to pass this up?
rowyco1526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Worhorse st 350

I'm thinking you are prolly right...... but as these things go an engine may not be your only expense .... tires? Upholstry? You KNow.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I need a couple of those! I have brand new engines on the shelf that I've been saving for a find like that

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is a good price if it's all there, minus an engine. The clutch that should be on the engine, the starter/generator, the driven clutch would add up to be a considerable expense. For $2,000 you can go bigger and better than stock. They have kits for that cart right there! Just be aware of the little components that could "nickel and dime" (ha ha) you.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I think he is talking about putting a Big Block kit in it at that price.

Like stated does it have the clutches 2 or is it just a rolling chassis.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I decided to pass on it. It had the starter, but both clutches were gone. The person who stole the engine did a very nice job though. They unplugged every wire and knew what they were taking.
The cart was used as an apartment maintenance cart, so the condition was below average. If anyone wants this cart in the Portland Oregon area, the guy said he'll take $400.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
thestig
Not Yet Wild

Hey I just picked it up. Less than you have been talking about it though. I will post some pictures for others to see also. Now I need to get a motor
thestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
thestig
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowyco1526 View Post
Well I decided to pass on it. It had the starter, but both clutches were gone. The person who stole the engine did a very nice job though. They unplugged every wire and knew what they were taking.
The cart was used as an apartment maintenance cart, so the condition was below average. If anyone wants this cart in the Portland Oregon area, the guy said he'll take $400.
I would beg to differ on the condition. For a cart that has been used it is in great condition. No rips, dents, holes, etc in the body. Came with a spare tire and top/canopy.
The person who stole the engine took it because it was sitting in the back of the cart. The maintenance guys were going to put it back in the next day. That is why nothing was cut and it was all properly taken apart. Apparently the motor had just been rebuilt.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
rowyco1526
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I'm glad someone got another good project in their hands. Enjoy building it and be sure to post pictures along the way. I want to see what I ended up missing out on.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
thestig
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowyco1526 View Post
Well, I'm glad someone got another good project in their hands. Enjoy building it and be sure to post pictures along the way. I want to see what I ended up missing out on.
Yea we just got it last night. It will be used on our farm mostly. You were right as it needs both clutches and a motor. The motor must be complete but everything else is descent. Going outside right now to clean it up. It will stay pretty stock and just used for towing garbage cans, irrigation systems in the fields, hay etc. Maybe after the stock turf tires are worn something else will go on it. Any recommendations on chemicals to clean the seat with?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO