lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Jeepin784
Not Yet Wild

Default First cart 2010 Yamaha Gas questions

Picking up my first cart on Tuesday, its a gas 2010 and I believe it’s a “Drive” is this what they reference as a G29? Also anything to watch out for? Any proactive steps I can take to avoid future issues? I keep hearing grumblings about the transaxle on some of these, what’s the deal there. I’m picking it up for $2,800 with a new rear flip seat which around here seems to be a decent deal. It’s coming from a small golf course but the guy seems to keep pretty on top of routine maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeepin784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: First cart 2010 Yamaha Gas questions

The brakes on those are internal to the transaxle. They are somewhat difficult to replace but they do work quite well. That is probably the main complaint you will hear about them...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #3
WyomingBorn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

First thing that I would do is to check the oil before starting it when you pick it up. Then when you get home, change the oil, fuel and air filters, followed by checking the diff oil level and condition. A squirt of grease in the grease fittings on the front end. Then check the water level in the battery (if applicable), clean the terminals and spray with an anti-corrosion battery spray. Some of the other guys who are a lot more knowledgeable than I will chime in with their thoughts.
WyomingBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

No Yamaha cart ever had greasable front suspension. I would suggest change the gear oil in the axle. It requires about 44oz of oil. Oil should be 75w90 with friction modifier (friction modifier is not optional).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:23 PM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
No Yamaha cart ever had greasable front suspension. I would suggest change the gear oil in the axle. It requires about 44oz of oil. Oil should be 75w90 with friction modifier (friction modifier is not optional).

^Very good advice. Definitely change the rear end oil.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha