lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2019, 04:39 AM   #11
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Skinny tires

Wide tires are definitely not good for turning unless they have aggressive tread that can dig in. I run 18x8-8's turfs on the front of two of my JD mowing tractors and they slide pretty easy. The turfs on this particular tractor are getting worn too and I can literally turn twice as sharp if I slow down a lot when I'm turning, vs mowing speed. I tried a pair of skinny 20x6-8's trailer tires on it and it turned better but they damaged the turf in tight turns after a rain.

The 22x11-8 Sahara Classics's on the front of my cart are better but I still gotta slow down for tight turns. The cart runs about 25 mph wide open and the Sahara tires don't inspire confidence at that speed. If it was a racecar it would be referred to as 'tight' in the turns.

My Club Car is probably gonna be even less inclined to turn at speed. The fronts are pretty flat so they'll slide easier. If anybody is wondering.. the 22x11-8's Saharas on the back and the 20x10-8's All Trails on the front are the biggest I could go with no lift. No rubbing at all but it's close..

army is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2019, 06:31 AM   #12
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not to hijack the thread.. but has anybody blasted the aluminum frame on a CC? If so, what media did you use? I've done aluminum parts with silica sand but it would be pretty harsh and hard to be consistent on the cart frame.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
Not to hijack the thread.. but has anybody blasted the aluminum frame on a CC? If so, what media did you use? I've done aluminum parts with silica sand but it would be pretty harsh and hard to be consistent on the cart frame.
Hijack
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 AM   #14
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That was not my first.. I'm bad for that. I tend to post the way I talk, which is more like Trump's stream of conciousness manner of speaking than I like to admit.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:04 AM   #15
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

See.. I did it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
That was not my first.. I'm bad for that. I tend to post the way I talk, which is more like Trump's stream of conciousness manner of speaking than I like to admit.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #16
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Army, I have not blasted a CC frame but for ATV's and dirt bikes I have used walnut and soda to blast the aluminium frames. Harbor Freight has both in different grits.
mersh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #17
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersh75 View Post
Army, I have not blasted a CC frame but for ATV's and dirt bikes I have used walnut and soda to blast the aluminium frames. Harbor Freight has both in different grits.
I agree, walnut shells.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How does the cost compare to silica sand? I can buy sand wholesale at $8 per 50 lb bag if I take a ton. It's about $15 a bag at TSC stores.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #19
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The last guy to comment is always to blame for hijacks btw..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts