lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default OBC reset question

put new batteries in an 04 CC plugged the charger in and it came on did its check went off then came back on but it seems to be stuck in the diagnotic cycle. comes on get 51+ volts at the pack goes off pack volts drop to 49.
So I tryed to reset the obc when I depressed the go pedal the back up buzzer did not buzz like I expected it to. Is this an indication of anything.
Charger is still doing the on and off cycle and the yellow battery light comes on and goes off.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: OBC reset question

. . . try resetting the OBC again . . . assuming everything is wired up correctly after installing new batteries, the warning light may be indicating a problem with the OBC . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

also keep in mind that the OBC reset dosn,t work on 50% of carts.....when i say dosn,t work i don,t mean if you have a problem and you do a reset problem goes away i mean with 50% of carts the reset just isn,t any good..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks, I tried the reset again and same thing happened, on off on off on off. This time I just left the charger plugged in went in and showered came back out and the charger was charging at 13 amps. Checked again later and it was still charging left it on all night came out this morning 8 hrs later and charger still on at 3 amps charger shut off by its self about 30 min later.
pack is just under 52 v.

So is this a charger or OBC malfunction? Signs and symptoms of impending doom?
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
Thanks, I tried the reset again and same thing happened, on off on off on off. This time I just left the charger plugged in went in and showered came back out and the charger was charging at 13 amps. Checked again later and it was still charging left it on all night came out this morning 8 hrs later and charger still on at 3 amps charger shut off by its self about 30 min later.
pack is just under 52 v.

So is this a charger or OBC malfunction? Signs and symptoms of impending doom?
i would think its an OBC issue, just keep an eye on it and always leave charger charge until it shuts off on its own..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car