lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Wet Willie
Not Yet Wild

Default 12V Accessories

Is it possible to use the positive and negative terminals on the first 12v battery in my 2006 Precedent for a 12V feed for accessories such as a radio or a 12v horn?
Wet Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 12V Accessories

Yes, it is possible but the uneven draw off of that battery will make it fail quicker. There are voltage reducers available online that reduce the entire pack down to acceptable voltage for 12v accessories.
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
vw3858
Finding Myself

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Willie View Post
Is it possible to use the positive and negative terminals on the first 12v battery in my 2006 Precedent for a 12V feed for accessories such as a radio or a 12v horn?
As mentioned above, voltage reducers that strap your whole pack (36v/48v) and reduce to 12v, there you can run to a fuse panel and gnd bus for several accessories; the other method that many here use is a seperate 12v battery in the bagwell or such.

It is NOT the preferred method to tap across one battery....

I think my build thread in my signature shows how I used the 48v to 12v reducer....that might help
vw3858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use a handicapped scooter UB12350 thats very small battery 7.5"X5.5"X7.5" that is sealed and can be mounted in any position. For years I just threw it in glove box until I mounted it over my front supension. Now I charge it off power outlet on my dash with cheap 12 volt charger about twice a month.
In my case it was cheaper than a voltage reducer which doesnt have enough output for my total load and can carry the load of lights, turn signals, horn, radio, CB, winch?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
nsulacountry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I vote a dedicated battery or a voltage reducer that straps across ALL batteries. I bought a 98 DS 48V CC with new batteries and a butt load of accessories. The CC 16V - 12V reducer on batteries 1 and 2 killed them in 2 months. They replaced the batteries and the VR. I gutted the VR and added a small Deep Cycle marine battery on the LH rear fender in a marine battery box.

CT
nsulacountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Willie View Post
No problem at all unless leave the radio on for hours at a time.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car