lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #11
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

I completed the process 2 months ago in palm beach county, it was easier than I thought. The windshield is the worst part but contact Palm beach golf carts and talk to Albert @ 561-863-2177. Hes done quite a few LSV carts. As for the statement you read, it wasnt like that ! Make appointment with DOT, Mine was 3 weeks out, You go to DOT with ALL reciepts for parts (make sure they state DOT approved), a certified weight ticket from scales, and a detailed bill of sale for cart, they go check cart, IF everything is fine they put VIN plate on and give a sealed package to take to DMV, Then DMV assigns license plate. Oh yea make sure your cart is insured, I went through Allstate it was only $45 a year full cover. Got my title in 2 weeks...done deal. What makes this easy is have the paperwork and reciepts in order or its a biotch !!!
cat boat racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
Ok, who wants to try it first? I know it's going to be a pain in the... but I want to do it also. Anyone know where I can get an AS5 windshield for my 1998 CC? I found a place that sold it all as a kit for $500 but I just need the windshield... then I can be the guinea pig and run it through from point A to B...to C... to D...ad nauseum (too late to spell).
Palm beach golf carts 300.00 AS5 with dot approved paperwork. Albert @ 561-863-2177
Old 04-19-2009, 08:20 AM   #13
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Scuba Bud, It was worth it to me for sure ! I use mine all the time, even pull my jet ski to the local boatramp, any questions Ill be glad to help ! Mike
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat boat racer View Post
Scuba Bud, It was worth it to me for sure ! I use mine all the time, even pull my jet ski to the local boatramp, any questions Ill be glad to help ! Mike
Thanks Mike

Can you tell me how you filled out this form, link attached to Builder Form:

http://www.tk411.com/pdf/Builder.pdf

Thanks
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #15
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sure, The cart is going to be called an ASPT, all you have to have is reciepts for the major parts you change (this form applies to rebuilding autos more) but I kept the receipts for windshield, light kit, side mirrors, seatbelt kit, high speed motor (the dot inspectors know that no cart will go 20+ stock ! and they look). Other than that fill out buyer and seller info, and have the bill of sale with sellers full name, address, and description of cart with year, color and the amount paid. Theyre sticklers on this ! Youll need a weight slip from certified scale. Record the date you completed your build because the new title reflects that date as the vehicles new year (for example my 91 club car is now a 2009 ASPT LSV)... You wont need to prove insurance till you go to the DMV for your tag. Mike PS. Dont forget the Slow moving vehicle sign on the back, they check these also !
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Thanks Mike

Did you go with a hand actuated wiper or the motor type?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Scuba, I checked out the pics of your cart, youll need receipt for your motor, light kit. Do you have a horn ? and the fold down windshield will not pass. Mike
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #18
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat boat racer View Post
Scuba, I checked out the pics of your cart, youll need receipt for your motor, light kit. Do you have a horn ? and the fold down windshield will not pass. Mike
The cart was purchased from Professional Golf Car on Lake Worth Road with the light, horn, turn signal and fold down windshield as part of the package. I added the other accessories as well as the Plum Quick Motor. The original Bill of Sale shows what came with the cart at that time so I'm guessing I'll need the PQ Motor receipt as well as the AS5 windshield along with the reflectors, Slow Speed Decal, outside mirror, wiper blade assembly and seat belts.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

I got the elec motor. Im trying to post a couple pics for you. Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 021.jpg (45.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg cart 020.jpg (42.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg cart 026.jpg (53.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg cart 028.jpg (31.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Also you need a license plate bracket (for attatchment) and a license plate light, auto zone all together maybe $7 . Golden Retriever not DOT approved !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart 022.jpg (39.3 KB, 44 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car