lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
jbwilkins1
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 club car 36v momentarily loses power

Hi, I have a 36v club car, new batteries and cables, replaced solenoid, diode and resistor on solenoid. I have check all wires and it's not a short. Cart will run great for 5-10 minutes then will momentarily lose power and start again almost like its jumping, and will be fine for a few minutes and start jumping again. When it loses power solenoid is not clicking off or on, cart just stops for a moment and starts again. Anyone experience with this issue or have any clue where I should look next? Thanks
jbwilkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1994 club car 36v momentarily loses power

Is this a controller cart? And what type throttle control do you have (V-glide)?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 PM   #3
jbwilkins1
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it has a v glide with 6 small resistors inside. Is the controller the electronic box under rear passenger fender? Thanks
Old 05-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If it has the heavy battery and a motor cable going to and from it, then yes. If it is not, you would have coil resistors on it.

On a controller, you can test between M- and B- and check the voltage across the throttle curve (Pedal up to pedal down). For this to be applicable, it either has to be hooked up as you are running so you can see what happens when it occurs or you need to check it while the anomaly is present.

The only other thing I know of would be an issue inside the v-glide.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
jbwilkins1
Not Yet Wild

Hi thanks for the suggestion. I have been away for a few days so I haven't tried yet. Does it matter which way I connect voltage tester (+ or -) to M- and B- on controller? Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow and I can test it. I really appreciate the the help. Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Another thing to check would be to see if the F/R switch is getting hot when the cart stutters. It is a common problem with the 36V controller carts. HTH
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwilkins1 View Post
Hi thanks for the suggestion. I have been away for a few days so I haven't tried yet. Does it matter which way I connect voltage tester (+ or -) to M- and B- on controller? Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow and I can test it. I really appreciate the the help. Thanks again!
Red to M- and Black to B-.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car