lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Resistor cart range and running voltage?

I’ve only had a couple resistor drive carts and the other one I had was years ago, and I really didn’t put much work into it, and didn’t have it very long.

What is a “normal” voltage while running full pedal on a resistor drive cart? I know solid state carts are more efficient, but running full out, up a hill my cart is around 35 volts, quickly jumping back up once I stop. Resting voltage says after being removed from the charger is 38.2-38.3v.

Also what kind of range is expected for a healthy battery pack on one of these old carts? I’ve gone about 5 miles with it, and pack came to rest at around 37.4-37.5v about a half hour after being parked when I checked it again.

Everything seems healthy to me, I just haven’t had much experience with resistor carts and know they’re not the most efficient…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Resistor cart range and running voltage?

Full pedal will have same efficiency as a Solid State controller. It's only at part throttle that the Solid State will be way more efficient.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car