lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #11
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery Nightmares

Quote:
Originally Posted by radelon View Post
Just for giggles, have you checked all of your battery connections to be sure they aren't loose?

If you have 6v batteries. You could also charge them 2 at a time with a normal 12v charger (you don't have to unhook everything but I would suggest unhooking the links between the pairs)

... unhook Main Positive from Battery 1. Leave the - to + connecting 1 and 2. Disconnect the Positives from every Odd Number Battery: 1, 3, 5, 7. Then disconnect the Pack Negative from Battery 8.

Charge them 2 at a time 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8.

Of course this assumes you are running 8x6v batteries.
I’ve checked that the battery terminals are all good and snug. Unfortunately I have 8v batteries in my cart :-(.
blounsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #12
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Yeah I believe that means it's time for an OBC bypass, and a new smart charger.
That’s what I was afraid of. Dead batteries and dead OBC. Any recommendations on a brand of smart charger? I’ve had good luck with Scotty B, so if what he carries is good that’s probably what I’ll order.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #13
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You'll want to ask ScottyB about that. I'm sure he has plenty of good recommendations. I have no personal experience with aftermarket chargers.

The batteries may not be totally dead, but if they're continuing to out-gas after several days off the charger you certainly don't want that sulfury vapor floating around in the air in your house. Mix those fumes with just a tiny bit of moisture and it will wreck your AC system, and can wreck any electrical outlets that get moisture or condensation on them. It will discolor and damage paint, and will damage most exposed metals.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #14
blounsbury
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
You'll want to ask ScottyB about that. I'm sure he has plenty of good recommendations. I have no personal experience with aftermarket chargers.

The batteries may not be totally dead, but if they're continuing to out-gas after several days off the charger you certainly don't want that sulfury vapor floating around in the air in your house. Mix those fumes with just a tiny bit of moisture and it will wreck your AC system, and can wreck any electrical outlets that get moisture or condensation on them. It will discolor and damage paint, and will damage most exposed metals.

Since the batteries were 8 months old I called Costco and explained the situation. They told me to bring them in and they’d refund them. Works for me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car