lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
clarissa
Not Yet Wild

Talking 97 Club Cart electric

Ok here is what I got going on . I bought a 97 club cart for 200 dollars. I knew if would need repairs. It has new batteries in it. The motor was sent to the company and tested fine according to the person I bought it from. The batteries hold a 48 V charge when you hook up the batteries and turn the key you get a buz but the motor does not engage. I was told that the motor would make a noise so that may be what the buz is I am hearing but the cart would not go into forward or reserve. I figured between the 3 of here they may have the transmision put in wrong. Any ideas would be welcome the best we can figure to get the motor out is to jack the cart up unscrew the sprints and all and drop it that way.
thanks any ideas would be welcome what could be the problem.
clarissa
clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 Club Cart electric

Stop ..... rarely do these motors go bad. There are several electrical switches which need to function before the motor gets any juice. Follow the steps the members give you here to trouble shoot. Start with this....
1. What is the voltage reading from the battery pack...
2. Do you hear a click when with the key on and the cart in gear you press the 'gas' peddle?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

The cart SHOULD only buzz with the Key ON and the Forward/Reverse selector "in REVERSE" only.

Also, if the motor was tested properly, it should not buzz.

Also, the Transmission cannot be put in wrong. It will only go one way. It's made into the rear axle.

What are "Sprints"?
Are you sure the motor needs to come out?
Are you sure the motor is the problem?

Lots of folks here will be happy to help, but they need much more information in order to help you properly.

Photos help and most especially we need the Serial number from the tag under the dash.

One of the main things we need to know is, Is it really the motor buzzing? Or is it the reverse Buzzer buzzing. (Again, this will only occour when in Reverse.)

With the Key switched to ON, and not running, the cart will be absolutely quiet, unless the shifter is in reverse.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
clarissa
Not Yet Wild

thanks i am going to test the voltage with a voltage meter. and it is proably me hitting the reverse switch making the buzz sound. I misspelled springs. Thank you for letting me know that I may not have to take the motor out. Let me know what type of info you need to help me figure this out. I am going to attempt to fix myself before I try to find a repair man.
clarissa
clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

always check and make sure someone did not leave the F/R switch in Maint.
mode ? It Happens
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post
always check and make sure someone did not leave the F/R switch in Maint.
mode ? It Happens
Being that it's an electric cart... I'm guessing he meant the tow/run switch to Run!!!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

OOps thinking of gas and working on electric !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car