lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #1
Alexyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default In need of help with air shocks!

What's up guys I've lurked on this site for a long time and finally have a project of my own. I have a Yamaha g16 that I am trying to run air shocks on. I have a viar quarter duty system that cycles on when the tank drops below 90 psi and shuts off at 120 psi. I only have one port to use as an air supply so I have the front and rear split with a t and the left and right of the the front and rear split with a t as well. These are Gabriel hi jacker shocks. The problem I am having is that it will not air up the front of the cart. I believe it is that I need a bigger compressor and tank but have seen other members run similar setups and seem to have zero trouble. I have attempted to disconnect the rear shocks and just air up the front and it still will not raise very far without someone picking up on the front of the cart. I assume this is due to how much farther away the shocks are from the compressor. I also am using the aeroquip 1/8 to npt 1/4 fitting adapters others on the site are using. All of the air lines are 1/4 and I am using ridetech push lock t's and fittings. I have ridetech paddle valves as well. What am I missing and what size compressors are you guys running ? Do you have a port for the front and for the rear ? Thanks in advance for the help
Alexyamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
Alexyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: In need of help with air shocks!

Got it figured out by myself guys. How do I delete a thread?
Old 10-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Only Mods and Admins can delete threads, and would only do so IF it's dangerous, or disrespectful to others!
With that being said... Your setup doesn't even come close to those categories! (Too Cool!)

It would be helpful to future readers to post what you did with your fix!
so, if others have a similar situation, they can correct it from your experience!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
Alexyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks! I actually scrapped the whole viar tank and compressor set up. I am running two compressors now and they both are factory gm self leveling compressors for cars that have factory air shocks. Also for anyone running paddle valves do not cut the lines off of the barb with a razor blade if you have to move them or disconnect for anything find a way that does not scar the barb it will leak! Don't ask me how I know
Old 10-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
Alexyamaha
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Here's a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3761.jpg (135.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #6
matt750
Not Yet Wild

I realize this thread is over a year old, but I'm trying to add air shocks to my G16 gasser. AlexYamaha's setup is exactly what I'm trying to do, except mine is lifted (gabriel shocks, not the GM setup). I'm hoping that maybe he/she will see this post! I'm wondering if the only reason you decided to scrap the first setup is because you got a hold of the GM air ride system. Also, did you figure out why the front would not rise? Any parts numbers you have would also be helpful (or if you still have the parts laying around and want to sell).

Thanks,

Matt
matt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!