lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default best lift/tires for my 2009 rxv

This golf cart is used to ride around the neighborhood on paved roads and camp grounds (paved/gravel) roads on weekends. The cart is currently stock, I also need heavy duty back springs as the back bottoms out now when passengers sit on back seat. I don't need any type of high performance lift for off road. I see A arm, drop spindle, long travel, etc.... and I am not sure what is best for me. The carts speed is factory set now, but I may someday have it go faster, I don't want something that is unstable. I will be installing the lift myself, I am very mechanically inclined have always done my own car repairs (changed motors, clutch's, brakes, etc....). As much as I want it to be a simple install, I don't mind it being more difficult if it will handle better. I also want the lift as cheap as possible but don't mind spending more if it will preform better, I just don't want to spend more for a racing off-road performance lift if I am just cruising around (I am 52 and in no rush).

I also want tire recommendations, I really want the lift/tires just for looks I like to looks of jacked up carts. The tires cant be too wide as it needs to be able to fit in my pickup between the wheel wells.

Any helpful recommendations would be great.
Thanks
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2021, 09:17 PM   #2
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: best lift/tires for my 2009 rxv

Drop spindle is the easiest and cheapest if all you want is the increased height. The long travel A-arms are more expensive, but look cooler and give a nicer ride up front. I have a RHOX 3” spindle lift on my RXV that works fine and allows me to run 23” tires. I’m staring to do a lot more trail riding now so I’ll be looking to upgrade to a long travel in the near future for the better ride. On the street my current setup is fine.
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 07:22 PM   #3
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a Jakes 6" spindle lift and we are pleased with it. Campground, street, trail cruising, and carrying 4 people with ease.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:59 AM   #4
1970buick
Gone Wild

In regards to fitting in your truck you need to ultimately measure that and do the math yourself. Make sure you understand wheel offset because the wrong one and your tires will be out too far to get in the truck. Brand of tire is irrelevant, just pick one you think looks cool. I like a less knobby tire because I like a quiet ride.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:32 AM   #5
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the reply's its been very helpfull.
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts