lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #1
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Jakes back order

does anyone have an idea of when Jake's will have more long travel lift kits in stock? cant seem to get an answer for my order I placed back in August 2020. keep getting the "30 days" out reply.

thanks in advanced!
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes back order

If you called Jake's and can't get an answer, I wouldn't think anyone here has any better info. I would think Jake's would tell their customers the truth. Or did you call the distributor? They have been behind since the shutdowns last year. Many manufacturers are. The fact that many people like us had an extra $2k and time off meant that they all were doing the same thing, fixing up their buggies. Lol. The thing with manufacturing, a temporary shutdown means that the orders keep piling up every day. To stay profitable they have to operate normally, maybe with mandatory OT to try and catch up. But, they can't double production and still be profitable. So, they take orders, take payment, promise the 30 days, deliver in 60. Its just the way it is today. I think Jake's has many of their parts made overseas now, possibly China, so....all bets are off. Vegas Carts went through a massive issue too. The 60 days now turns into 180 because of overseas issues and transportation issues and customs etc. Its BS, I know. I'm sure they are losing tons of customers over this.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:31 AM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They took my order...but not payment. They were super quick and easy to deal with when I cancelled my order.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:15 PM   #4
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If you called Jake's and can't get an answer, I wouldn't think anyone here has any better info. I would think Jake's would tell their customers the truth. Or did you call the distributor? They have been behind since the shutdowns last year. Many manufacturers are. The fact that many people like us had an extra $2k and time off meant that they all were doing the same thing, fixing up their buggies. Lol. The thing with manufacturing, a temporary shutdown means that the orders keep piling up every day. To stay profitable they have to operate normally, maybe with mandatory OT to try and catch up. But, they can't double production and still be profitable. So, they take orders, take payment, promise the 30 days, deliver in 60. Its just the way it is today. I think Jake's has many of their parts made overseas now, possibly China, so....all bets are off. Vegas Carts went through a massive issue too. The 60 days now turns into 180 because of overseas issues and transportation issues and customs etc. Its BS, I know. I'm sure they are losing tons of customers over this.
I spoke to jakes directly but i cant get a straight answer out of them for a possible ETA. there first response is 30 days out, my issue is no one has this **** lift kit. i just want my order. i get covid has taken a toll on production but its been 5 months with no eta still. you'd think they would have a game plan by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
They took my order...but not payment. They were super quick and easy to deal with when I cancelled my order.
not trying to get my money back, i want my order and no other distributor that i've seen has this lift.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #5
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ive had product on backorder since 4/17/2020 with Jakes. Hard to believe that a temporary shut down or that a temporary disruption of supply can put a company behind nearly a year now. How many aftermarket companies are behind a year? In any segment. I know for a fact I can have a brand new side by side built in 4 to 8 weeks. Longest lead time from any aftermarket supplier is one month.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #6
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my Jakes big disc brake kit was ordered in august too, and I am still waiting
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Usually long lead times are a result of supply and demand. Demand is up, supply is low = long lead times.

I have heard through the grapevine that raw materials for manufacturing is the biggest problem. Mainly raw plastic and metal. The larger companies are getting the materials because they use their muscle with the overseas suppliers. We have seen an increase in pvc prices of about 25% because of the shortages, but no issues with availability.

I wonder what's going on over there at Jakes. Their customers deserve a straight answer!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #8
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

As an update, I received a call from Jakes last Friday stating my back order had arrived and would be shipping that day. Should have my brake kit on Wednesday. Perhaps this thread was just a coincidence, or maybe BGW has more pull than we think LOL.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #9
BING99
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
As an update, I received a call from Jakes last Friday stating my back order had arrived and would be shipping that day. Should have my brake kit on Wednesday. Perhaps this thread was just a coincidence, or maybe BGW has more pull than we think LOL.
You got lucky.
I ordered my brake kit on 1/11/2020
I am still waiting.
BING99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #10
rib33024

jakes was a great company when they owned it. Then BU bought them out, and others. That is when they went down hill
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts