lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
97camaross
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Ezgo TXT 36V fast and slow fast and slow...

Hello, everyone. I'm Mike and new to the site. I really need some help with my cart. I purchased a 2003 TXT 36V PDS cart about 2 years ago. It has no upgrades and only been used on the golf course. I don't play much in the winter so it sat for a couple of months without being used. I went to use it after being on the charger and showing full charge and it now with the accelerator on the floor will go normal speed then suddenly drop to a crawl then speed up then slow down. I tried many times to get it into PDS mode but it won't beep at all the reverse buzzer is working fine, i just can't get it to beep. The batteries are stamped to be about 5 years old so they are on the verge of replacing anyway. I just wanted some help to get it in diagnostic mode for one and then get on the right track to get it going normal again. The closest cart shop is about 60 miles away so any help is greatly appreciated!
97camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
97camaross
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 Ezgo TXT 36V fast and slow fast and slow...

Any help?? I have a little more information, I got the cart into diagnostic mode and only got the one beep letting me know ow that it was in the mode, drove the cart and no other beeps. Pedal on the floor and the cart takes off normal then slows to a crawl the will take off notmal, slow down, speed up.... All while the pedal is on the floor not letting off.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:22 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hopefully one of the experts will jump in soon. In the meantime, why don’t you put a meter on each individual battery and post to the second place. Ie:6.xx. Do it after the cart sits for 10-12 hours following a full charge. Not saying it’s for sure a battery issue, but seems like a good place to start.

I would also make sure that the throttle box is clean and dry. In addition, there are tests you can find through search on how to confirm the throttle is working correctly. Johnnieb has ousted this numerous ones.

You should also check the molecule connector. It is a known problem area.

I have series cart, but I’m pretty sure these apply to your pds as well. Not saying they’re for sure your fix, but while you’re waiting, you might as well.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Hopefully one of the experts will jump in soon. In the meantime, why don’t you put a meter on each individual battery and post to the second place. Ie:6.xx. Do it after the cart sits for 10-12 hours following a full charge. Not saying it’s for sure a battery issue, but seems like a good place to start.

I would also make sure that the throttle box is clean and dry. In addition, there are tests you can find through search on how to confirm the throttle is working correctly. Johnnieb has ousted this numerous ones.

You should also check the molecule connector. It is a known problem area.

I have series cart, but I’m pretty sure these apply to your pds as well. Not saying they’re for sure your fix, but while you’re waiting, you might as well.
Molex. Apparently autocorrect.

Also might want to connect a laptop and datalog.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What is the battery pack voltage?

Monitor battery pack voltage while driving. What is it went cart misbehaves?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Molex. Apparently autocorrect.

Also might want to connect a laptop and datalog.
You haven’t heard of the molecule connector??? Yurtle, I thought you were pretty knowledgeable about these carts.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
You haven’t heard of the molecule connector??? Yurtle, I thought you were pretty knowledgeable about these carts.
I'm familiar with electrolysis, which gives you H2 and O2. To connect the molecules, all you need is a Bic lighter.

Never heard of one in a buggy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
97camaross
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I'll start checking your ideas. I haven't checked the pack voltage yet because I didn't even know where to start looking for answers but I will check tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaross View Post
Thanks guys, I'll start checking your ideas. I haven't checked the pack voltage yet because I didn't even know where to start looking for answers but I will check tomorrow. Thanks!
You might want to check the water level in the batteries too if you haven't done so.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO