lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Wheel Width and Offset for 11" Wide Tires - HELP

Built a CC DS hunting cart complete with body camo and everything else blacked out and 6 inch lift. Bought a used set of white 14 inch spokey wheels with 23 inch off-brand tires that are too stiff and the wheels don't have the right look to me after painting for an off-road machine so I'm back on a mission.

I came across a good deal on a set of new 24x11x10 Swamp Fox tires so I pulled the trigger thinking and trying to get as much sidewall as I can to help cushion the ride. Now to wheels. I'm probably going with black solid center stock looking black steel wheels as there's not much out there in the 10 inch diameter aluminum that has the right look for my cart.

Sorry for the long preface but here's my question. Should I go with a 7"(3+4 offset) or 8"(3+5 offset) wide rim on a 11 inch wide ATV tire? I have 4 inch flexy flares so a wider stance won't be an issue. Thanks.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wheel Width and Offset for 11" Wide Tires - HELP

They should probably be on a rim at least 9.5-10” wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

8's minimum.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with the 8 inch wide wheels to help protect against curb (or should I say) trail rash on the wheel lips. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have clearance problems.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just a follow up. I got the 24x11x10 Swamp Fox tires mounted on the 8 inch wide steel wheels and on my DS with 6 inch lift. My tire guy had to set the tires in the sun so he could work with the deformed tires from overseas packaging (PITA). Appears to be sufficient clearance but I haven't done a loaded trail ride yet. I think I will appreciate the flexy flares more than ever.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #6
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Great decision all the way around, you will really enjoy those swamp foxes, in my opinion there are no competitors when it comes to Swamp Fox tires, they wear amazingly well, they don't tear up the yard, as long as you're not doing donuts, they don't hum when riding down the street, unless you are doing 40 plus mph, they dig like crazy, with enough bite to propel you forward. On a side note, to get the soft ride you are looking for, 10 lbs of air is all that is needed for the street, when I go hunting or trail riding I bag them down to 5-7 lbs of air to get the extra traction..
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Great decision all the way around, you will really enjoy those swamp foxes, in my opinion there are no competitors when it comes to Swamp Fox tires, they wear amazingly well, they don't tear up the yard, as long as you're not doing donuts, they don't hum when riding down the street, unless you are doing 40 plus mph, they dig like crazy, with enough bite to propel you forward. On a side note, to get the soft ride you are looking for, 10 lbs of air is all that is needed for the street, when I go hunting or trail riding I bag them down to 5-7 lbs of air to get the extra traction..

I'm pretty stoked about the look of the cart and have heard no negatives on the swamp foxes off road capabilities. Appreciate the tips on air pressure. I have them pretty tight right now so they get a memory to the wheels. They were so compressed and disfigured I had to cook them in a box with a hair dryer.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

No easy trick putting those tires on, I think I cussed and moaned for two hours before my friend came over, he put the tire on top of the rim, and drove his truck over the tire, it actually worked to my surprise.....
I received my tires folded together... And struggled just pulling them apart LOL.

Air pressure is very crucial on how your cart rides with these tires, 35 lbs to get the tire seated, then drop them back down to10 lbs or so.

Your gonna love the ride, with lower tire pressure,
I have a rule of thumb that I go by on these tires, the more air pressure you put in the faster you go but lose the nice soft ride, the lower the are pressure the greater the traction, you go too low and you get body sway from the tires.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #9
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Just a follow up. I got the 24x11x10 Swamp Fox tires mounted on the 8 inch wide steel wheels and on my DS with 6 inch lift. My tire guy had to set the tires in the sun so he could work with the deformed tires from overseas packaging (PITA). Appears to be sufficient clearance but I haven't done a loaded trail ride yet. I think I will appreciate the flexy flares more than ever.
Lets see some pic's ??

24x11x10 8 ply Dirt Devils on 8" wide rims.. smooth ride with about 8 lbs.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/wtxt.JPG

http://www.frontiernet.net/~irishhills/wtxt2.JPG
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #10
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like the brawny look with those Dirt Devils StoveBolt, doing some final blackout painting on my cart and will get some pics this weekend to post if it will ever stop raining. Thanks for sharing!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts