lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #41
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Terra Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoogarKiller View Post
It is a Latest Rage Rack... You can also get the same one from EMPI

I think it was $159 when I got it a couple years ago

Good Luck with it! Make sure you reinforce the chit outta that thing!! They endure a ton of pressure and twist.....
Thought I would throw in my two cents here.

Latest Rage Rack
Stretch Plastics includes the Latest Rage rack in their Club Car DS Long Travel Kit (Model #C-7-0600). This week I just installed the same Latest Rage 11" mini buggy rack on my Club Car TRX Build (picked mine up for less than $100 ...links are on my build page). Granted my rides so far have been limited to test runs through grassy ruts and bumps — but I can tell you its nice rack and it works great. Its roughly twice as fast as a stock rack but it travels a little farther also, so it works well with longer steering arms. It can also be flipped upside-down to work in both front & rear mount applications.

Club Car Precedent Rack
AllSports uses the Precedent rack in their Long Travel kit (Model #ASM-C6LT). If you want steering that's much easier at slow speed, my first choice would be to try and work this rack into your build. If you have a really long travel in your A-Arms (more than 30° at full extension) you'll still need to swap out inner tie rods for heims with high spacers to get the range of motion needed. The width of the Precedent rack at the joint is also 11" and its ratio is superior for slower driving. However the Precedent rack can only be mounted in the front. Good luck!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 AM   #42
T1no33
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Wanted to subscribe for information. Great thread.
T1no33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #43
knwilson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Can anyone with a Terra Toy front end recommend shocks I can use to replace the Gabriel HiJackers currently on mine?

Just got the cart and don't know much about this world (yet). The current set up with the air shocks doesn't seem to work all that great. In order to keep the wheels from rubbing on every turn (22x11x10) and large bumps, I need to keep the air pressure pretty high around 120 PSI.

With the pressure that high, the ride is all sorts of squirrelly at slow speed and flat out scary above 20mph...

Once I get the front dialed in, I will then dig into the back breaking rear end...

***Current pics attached***
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5910.jpg (96.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5911.jpg (125.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5909.jpg (116.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5908.jpg (144.4 KB, 0 views)
knwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:04 AM   #44
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwilson View Post
Can anyone with a Terra Toy front end recommend shocks I can use to replace the Gabriel HiJackers currently on mine?
Mine came with take offs from a Kawasaki Teryx. The cart has been built for a few years now so I'm guessing the Teryx was from maybe early 2000s? I run them on the soft setting & they do pretty well.

AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #45
knwilson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Mine came with take offs from a Kawasaki Teryx. The cart has been built for a few years now so I'm guessing the Teryx was from maybe early 2000s? I run them on the soft setting & they do pretty well.
Thanks for the input. I was thinking about getting something like the Monroe 58539. Can someone tell me how to properly measure to find the correct size? Do I measure both loaded and then unloaded to get the two measurements needed for compressed and extended lengths? The Monroe 58539 are listed as 10.625" and 17.875". Will these work? Is there something better in the same price range? I am not sure about the "load adjust" on these vs something with actual adjustability.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #46
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The lower bushings on those shocks are pretty worn out too........... Could you lower the upper mount on the shocks so you didn't have to air them so high? That may give you a better ride. But, change the bushings out too!
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 01:07 AM   #47
knwilson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
The lower bushings on those shocks are pretty worn out too........... Could you lower the upper mount on the shocks so you didn't have to air them so high? That may give you a better ride. But, change the bushings out too!
Agreed on the bushings. Figured if I was going to replace the shocks, I would do the bushings as well...

I have not checked out how the upper mounts are setup. I will take a look tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #48
knwilson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone know how to adjust the toe on the Terra Toys? After some harsh measurements, I am showing a toe in of almost 2", but cannot easily see how to adjust.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:00 AM   #49
knwilson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post

Would you be able to measure the Teryx shocks you are running? I have been searching like crazy and can't find the specs. I need 16.25" from middle of eyes extended.

Also, are the mounts both 12mm bushings with 1.25" sleeves? Also, are your the piggyback style? Doesn't looks like it, but hard to tell from the picture.

Really appreciate it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts